Philosophy Peppermint Patty Kiss Me Lip Balm

Filtered by skin type : Other
No Image

3.8

on 11/16/2003 2:38:00 PM

Another lip balm from the Philosophy holiday kisses trio. Smells minty and soothes the lips. My only rant is that it's slippery. But I use it when my lips are most dry and it works! This, along with the white sugar cookie one, smell/taste really good but the red one has a band aid smell.

on 4/8/2004 5:22:00 PM

I purchased the holiday kisses lip balm set, and of the three balms in that set, the pink mint one is the best. I had not tried Kiss Me in either Clear or Red before. The taste of Kiss Me Red is medicinal and oily; I would not purchase the regular Kiss Me Red simply because of the atrocious taste, even though the texture is great (creamy but not runny). The oily taste is still apparent in the mint, but is much less pronounced; the peppermint oil in the balm masks much of the oily taste. The balm leaves a slight tingle on the lips because of the peppermint oil. It leaves no real tint, perhaps a slight pink hue on someone with less pigmented lips.

on 2/8/2004 10:02:00 PM

My fav. balm from the Holiday Kisses set. The minty smell/ taste is very nice, leaving my mouth really fresh! And the pinkn shimmer looks really natural on my lips, adding just a bit of colour. Because it's mint scented, it doesn't really have hte oily taste of the other Philosophy balms, which is good. I won't need to repurchase it again, the tub is so big it'll last me ages!

First off, I love the initial scent of the peppermint patty lip balm. Mine wasn't in a pot, but a tube. The product itself isn't congealed, the way plain petroleum jelly applicators are. It's rather slippery, and I liked that. I also liked the faint pink color--it's very sweet, shiny, and subtle. However, if you swallow it, as you are apt to do from eating, talking, etc., it tastes terrible. Other lip balms are thick enough so that you won't accidently swallow it, but with this, you definitely taste the waxy, chemical side of peppermint patty. The emollient oils sooth my lips however. The product itself just wasn't worth 10$.