Philosophy Peppermint Patty Kiss Me Lip Balm

No Image

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I might have given this product a higher rating if IT WOULD JUST COME OUT OF THE TUBE!

Seriously, I live in Northeastern United States, and since this product has the consistency of a lip *balm* (think: Chapstick) it is way too thick to put in a squeeze tube. Special for Winter??? Ha! There's no way you could get this to work if it were anywhere under 50 degrees! I took a look at a few of the rave reviews and most of them were from people who live where it doesn't get very cold.

I had to put this in my pocket for a good half hour before it softened enough to come out. Yes, it has a nice flavor, nice consistency, and isn't shiny *at all*, but what good is that if it's hard to get on your lips?

on 12/16/2006 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

The peppermint oil in this lip balm made my lower lip swell, get a bit raw, and it hurt like heck! I've used medicated lip balms before that contained menthol with no adverse effects so I'm guessing the peppermint oil is just more irritating. I can't really give this balm anything other than a 1 rating because it's unusable. I've asked the company for a replacement and will update here with their response. **UPDATE** Philosophy customer service called me and sent me out a Kiss Me in clear as a replacement without issue. Great service!

First off, I love the initial scent of the peppermint patty lip balm. Mine wasn't in a pot, but a tube. The product itself isn't congealed, the way plain petroleum jelly applicators are. It's rather slippery, and I liked that. I also liked the faint pink color--it's very sweet, shiny, and subtle. However, if you swallow it, as you are apt to do from eating, talking, etc., it tastes terrible. Other lip balms are thick enough so that you won't accidently swallow it, but with this, you definitely taste the waxy, chemical side of peppermint patty. The emollient oils sooth my lips however. The product itself just wasn't worth 10$.

on 11/6/2004 2:55:00 AM

I got a sample of this at Sephora because it smelled so wonderfully minty and I couldn't resist. I love the fresh minty feeling on my lips, but that was the only thing that was good about it. Even though it looks like a shimmery pink in the tube, when it goes on your lips it leaves no color whatsoever. If anything, maybe a small hint of shimmer, but to me it just looks like i have clear lip balm on. Also, the peppermint starts to taste like camomile after a while. I guess that's not a huge deal but I was expecting more mint since I'm a huge fan of mint flavoured stuff and, I absolutely loath the taste of camomile. Due to all this cons, I definitely don't think it's worth the money.

What sucks about this one is, the color is awesome!! Slight pink hue, glossy, etc. BUT, it doesn't stay on well at ALL!! Not good when you have to constantly re-apply.

on 2/2/2007 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It was okay, pretty expensive, not sure if I would purchase it again

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like regular Kiss Me by Philosophy and mint is my favorite lip gloss flavor, so I thought I'd love this...and I do like it, but I don't find the texture to be the same as the original Kiss Me. I have super dry lips and it's gone in a couple minutes, and I'm constantly reapplying. It's not as moisturizing as the original, either. The color is just lovely, though, and it smells yummy.

on 10/29/2007 4:05:00 AM

I can't live without this one. I love the smell and the feeling of tingling coolness on my lips. The pink tint is just cute enough to wear alone. Once I thought I lost it somewhere forever, I freaked out!! Peppermint is great :)

on 2/10/2006 12:29:00 AM

I recieved this product as a swap and I LOVE it! I have turned out to be a big Philosophy whore. I love the light tint this product leaves, just enough to not make me look like a real whore LOL ; )

I liked the color, and the taste. But I was very unsatisfied with the packaging. I received the set of three, and two of the lip balms, the holes got plugged up and the balm wouldn't come out. The other end where there was seams busted and balm was all over my purse. Cruddy packaging.