Tarte Cheek Stain in Blushing Bride

Tarte Cheek Stain in Blushing Bride
image 1image 2image 3

4.2

Propylene Glycol, Aqua, Nonyl Nonoxynol-150, Glycerin, Sodium Stearate, Laureth-23, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Fruit Extract, PVP, Parfum/Fragrance (Natural). ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499),Carmine (CI 75470), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 40 (CI 16035), Yellow 5 (CI 19140, Blue 1 (CI 42090)

I bought my sister the Blushing Bride set and we both love the cheek stain and lip stain. She is a medium olive skin tone and I am a neutral fair and it works for both of us. For me it is a cooler pinky-rose-plum flush not a peachy flush, not a dark pink/red/rose flush either.

The product has lovely colour payoff so a little goes a long way (making it worth the money because the tube will last a long time). It has moist texture (not dry, waxy or dripping wet like Josie Maran), and I suggest working quickly to blend with a stippling brush while its wet. As it is highly pigmented, it can make for that clown look if the edges aren't blended - really make the effort to blend it quickly so that it becomes soft and natural. I also like to set it sparingly with a powder blush. It lasts all day.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is a wonderful, easy pink to wear. It makes me look naturally flushed without looking like a clown with pink cheeks. It blends well and I really do like it. The price is steep though. I got mine in a set so it balanced out, but I am not sure if I would spend 30 dollars on such a small tube. I would suggest this if you are pale and looking for a pretty pink glow.

To Read all 261 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i love you tarte. i truly do! nothing like adding that all natural flush to my face :) i did bring it down a bit for price - although i am a believer in "you get what you pay for" so although i found the price to be a bit steep for this product, it's lasted me eons, and i get my wear out of it. i do find the packaging to be a bit messy, especially around the edges and sometimes it gets onto other things in my cheek bag (yes, sigh, i have a bag for cheek colors) - but the pros seriously outweigh the cons. the consistency, creaminess, color, and natural look of this product give it 5 lippies overall. (oh, and a side bar, i find this to work best when i use a creamy / liquid foundation!)

on 5/22/2015 11:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I loveee blushing beauty so much! It showed up on me even when some of the other tarte cheek stains like blissful, flush, tickled, don't. I supposes it's cos of the consistency, it's more of cream then gel. so when applied, it covers your skin rather than get absorbed by it. This blush gives me a cute blush that looks like between dolly and berry. I wouldn't say it's the most natural ever but I love how it shows up so perfect on my asian skin tone. click my pictures and you can see. btw I wear don't ever wear foundation so application glides on smoothly for me I just put it after my day cream :)

on 2/4/2015 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a new HG for me and I don't use that term lightly lol! I was browsing around sephora trying to find the perfect pink for me and my coloring. I'm pretty pale with neutral undertones leaning yellow. I didn't want a peachy pink (I'm sick to death of this color) and I didn't want a pink with a blue undertone as I don't find that color suits me. I swatched this and was kind of unsure because of all the shimmer and honestly I didn't know what to think of the frosty pink. I bought it anyway and I am so happy I did. It's gorgeous and I really can't describe the pink color. And there are hardly any pictures online. But once it's applied, the micro shimmer blends away and it melds seamlessly with your skin. It's so gorgeous and lasts literally all day. I will repurchase again and again.

I really like this product, in that it goes on very smoothly and is a very luminous and natural-looking color! It makes me look like I have a natural flush, as it blends well. I find using a sponge is easier than using my fingers.

on 10/23/2014 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love Tarte! This is a great stain with no shimmer. This shows up on me NW20 for reference as a nice flush color. Like i stepped out into the cold. Very flattering color and easily applied to the cheeks with a brush.

It doesn't set asap like some stains so you have some time to blend it out. It looks natural and stays all day.

on 7/18/2014 11:25:00 AM

I really like this product, alot. I received it in a beauty box otherwise I probably would have never purchased it myself because of the cost ($30 for 0.5oz!). I am so, so happy I received it though (yeah to beauty boxes)! I find the Blushing Bride color looks creamy and not so stain-like in the tube, it's a pinky flush color when swatched on my skin. There is also slight shimmer to it in the tube, but that doesn't come through once applied, which is preferable for me.

Using a good quality stipple brush has made the application of this cheek stain easy and beautiful without disturbing my foundation underneath. I have very fair skin/blonde hair and this gives a lovely little glow. Compared to Posietint, I find this is much easier to apply, more natural blending, and lasts longer (with a setting powder) for similar finished colors on my face. Sorry Posietint, you are relegated to my lips only from now on!

I've found that with a good setting powder (I use MAC prep and prime) it lasts all day long with no loss of color and I have very oily skin. The push-up pop packaging works for me, no issues there.

My only teensy concerns are that I have to build the color up stronger than I think because the tiniest amount of blotting or setting powder seems to reduce the brighness of it noticeably (maybe it's drying quickly?). And the other issue is that I'd be too scared to travel with it based on the "it melts into a yucky mess" reviews.

Beware- contents can melt in case over time and spatter onto clothes/s and surfaces when opened. They don't call it 'stain' for nothing! This happened to four of mine - not just one. Contacted the company, but they would not support product or send replacement since products were 2-3 yrs old. Pretty shortsighted, IMO. I'm not buying these again, though I liked them a lot at first.

on 9/10/2013 7:50:00 AM

I first received this as a free sample. I never would have picked up this purple tube other wise. But when you apply Blushing Bride (neutral to cool toned), it isn't purple. It is a soft berry tone. This berry tone can skew to a soft pink hue if applied lightly or be applied more intensely for a full on berry tone. I can wear it with any of my cooler toned lipsticks (pinks, berries, purples, plums, fuschias, etc.) I am sure I could make this work with some warmer tones because as I mentioned, when I apply it lightly it comes off as almost a pink. BTW, the reason I think Blushing Bride is a perfect name for this, because this gives you that wedding night glow ;) I also love how these cheek stains can give you that inner glow. I would highly recommend these stains to those in the over 50 club. I think you will be impressed at the soft glow these provide.

FYI - I usually use Blushing Bride in the Fall/Winter months and then Tipsy (neutral to slightly warmer toned) in the Spring/Summer months. I am a NW20 with almost black hair & brown eyes.

APPLICATION TIP: As with most make up I apply (that isn't a powder) I have found a the Tarte Cheek Stains apply best with a moist sponge. I have a small spray bottle I keep with my make up (filled with filter water) that I spray gently onto my sponge to moisten it. If it is too wet, I will dab it on a tissue. Then I swipe across the Tarte Cheek Stain & dab on my cheeks going up along the cheek bone. This method gives me perfect, soft, even, flawless application every time.

Popular Blush Products