4.3

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (2011 formula)

on 2/1/2017 10:27:00 PM

This is an effective but scalp (though not follicle) harsh shampoo. It literally made my hair squeak a little it was so clean. Definitely removed any buildup of product and deep conditioner. It wasn't overly drying but it did really irritate my scalp. After using it, I was left with red bumps and irritation on my scalp, neck and hairline for over a week. Also, it has a very strong and not particularly pleasant chemical/men's cologne scent that lasts for several hours. I prefer the Suave clarifying shampoo.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i love this!! I use it as a clarifying shampoo when my hair feels like it has a lot of build up in it. It cleans it very well and makes my hair feel clean and soft.

on 11/13/2016 3:07:00 PM

Smells like an old mans cologne...but it works

on 7/5/2016 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have thick, dry, medium coarse hair. I often use shampoos and conditioner with oils and deep moisturizing ingredients. I have noticed that since moving to an area with hard water that my hair had a buildup. You know the type, dry yet greasy, limp yet frizzy. I need to deep clean. I picked this up at walgreens for 7 bucks. The first thing I noticed was the smell. Some people say it smells like lavender but I disagree. All I smell is old man. Like that old spice smell. However, the smell did not stay in my hair after use when it dried. I lathered once to break down the film on my hair. I lathered again and it had a massive amount of suds, didn't sting my sensitime scalp, and left my hair squeaky clean. I focused on my roots and then worked it through to the ends. I deep conditioned afterwards for about 10 minutes and was left with voluminous, shiny, and healthy hair. It was a little dry after it was competely dry, but this is a heavy duty cleanser, what can you expect?

on 4/26/2016 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

CONTAINS FORMALDEHYDE (listed as DMDM HYDANTOIN) which is a known carcinogen banned in Japan and Sweden from toiletries.

Otherwise a good shampoo I've been using for a year :/

on 2/14/2016 10:37:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I lost a lot of hair using this shampoo.

on 2/14/2016 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It does remove everything from your hair,
but made my hair too dry even for a weekly use

on 2/12/2016 10:19:00 AM

ALWAYS reply upon this to reset my hair!
I wish it came in larger bottles BUT great for travel. Fragrance: light, clean. Lather: at first, not too much but on the second wash, when the buildup is gone, it's better. Ingredients: minimal and gentle on sensitive skin. Effectiveness: the best. Suave is good but too harsh on my skin. This costs more but you get more out of it.
I enjoy trying different shampoos but always return to this once I learn AGAIN AND AGAIN that nothing EXCEPT this gives me reliably good hair!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I haven't seen the ingredients for this since I bought it (it came in a box which I promptly threw away and the bottle itself simply lets me know its name), but I'm sure it's full of some pretty harsh ingredients. It strips the hair. But that is kind of the point of a clarifying shampoo, isn’t it? It is very effective in getting rid of any buildup from styling products, dirt, treatments gone wrong, what have you. Unfortunately, that just happens to include some of my hair and scalp's natural moisture. I typically use a deep conditioner to counteract it a bit when I use this product.

It’s not the most “sudsy” shampoo, and as such can be a bit difficult to work through the hair. And if I take too long, it can burn a little on my sensitive and dandruff-y scalp.

But in spite of those shortcomings, I still use this about once a month or so. It is truly good at removing product build-up and restoring my hair’s natural waves when they start to straighten out a bit from all of the silicones and whatnot in hair products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Works well to get all the gunk out of your hair. But since it's a really strong shampoo, make sure you use a really moisturizing conditioner because your hair will be really dry as well