4.3

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (2011 formula)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Only drugstore shampoo that will ever touch my hair. I use dry shampoo day and night to combat sweat and grease despite nightly washing and needed something to take out all of the product. I have bleached hair as well so I also needed something mild. This suds up beautifully and gets every bit of product out of my hair without irritating my sensitive scalp or turning my bleached hair orange or green. My hair doesn't feel super dry after this despite what so many other reviews warned me of. I do use my Kenra Nourishing Masque afterwards as a safety percosion and my hair comes out voluminous, soft and very clean. It makes my sulfate-free Frizz Control shampoo by Kenra work so much better! It's pricey for drugstore but is so much more gentle and effective than the Clarifying shampoo by Kenra that I used to use religiously once a week.

on 5/19/2017 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Used this for years when I was in school. I used a lot of hair product then, and this clarified and stripped the hair squeaky clean. It also overly dried out the hair and necessitated a deep conditioner so that I could untangle it. Back then, it wasn't considered highly scented, but I suppose it would be considered so now. However, I personally dislike popular shampoo scents today (thinking of Aussie Moist). I have normal Asian hair and I dye it at home with Clairol nice n easy out of a box. No hair issues except some scalp itchiness after using aussie moist for three weeks (which my hair loved). One or two washes with Nizoral took care of itchiness. Incidentally, Nizoral, a medicated shampoo with a warning built into the instructions -- use once every three to four days for no longer than eight weeks -- was less stripping and drying than Neutrogena. When I need a clarifying shampoo today, I would probably buy anything but Neutragena. Though I have bought a lot of Neutragena in the past, I realized that I am not a fan of the brand.

on 4/26/2017 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo does get rid of residue and leaves hair feeling very clean. However, it STINKS. I somehow thought Neutrogena would have very little scent, but this stuff smells like very strong men's cologne and the scent lingers. After a few uses, I tossed the rest of the bottle in the trash. This experience has turned me right off Neutrogena products.

on 2/1/2017 10:27:00 PM

This is an effective but scalp (though not follicle) harsh shampoo. It literally made my hair squeak a little it was so clean. Definitely removed any buildup of product and deep conditioner. It wasn't overly drying but it did really irritate my scalp. After using it, I was left with red bumps and irritation on my scalp, neck and hairline for over a week. Also, it has a very strong and not particularly pleasant chemical/men's cologne scent that lasts for several hours. I prefer the Suave clarifying shampoo.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i love this!! I use it as a clarifying shampoo when my hair feels like it has a lot of build up in it. It cleans it very well and makes my hair feel clean and soft.

on 11/13/2016 3:07:00 PM

Smells like an old mans cologne...but it works

on 7/5/2016 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have thick, dry, medium coarse hair. I often use shampoos and conditioner with oils and deep moisturizing ingredients. I have noticed that since moving to an area with hard water that my hair had a buildup. You know the type, dry yet greasy, limp yet frizzy. I need to deep clean. I picked this up at walgreens for 7 bucks. The first thing I noticed was the smell. Some people say it smells like lavender but I disagree. All I smell is old man. Like that old spice smell. However, the smell did not stay in my hair after use when it dried. I lathered once to break down the film on my hair. I lathered again and it had a massive amount of suds, didn't sting my sensitime scalp, and left my hair squeaky clean. I focused on my roots and then worked it through to the ends. I deep conditioned afterwards for about 10 minutes and was left with voluminous, shiny, and healthy hair. It was a little dry after it was competely dry, but this is a heavy duty cleanser, what can you expect?

on 4/26/2016 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

CONTAINS FORMALDEHYDE (listed as DMDM HYDANTOIN) which is a known carcinogen banned in Japan and Sweden from toiletries.

Otherwise a good shampoo I've been using for a year :/

on 2/14/2016 10:37:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I lost a lot of hair using this shampoo.

on 2/14/2016 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It does remove everything from your hair,
but made my hair too dry even for a weekly use

Popular Shampoos