4.3

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Fragrance, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol

on 3/10/2019 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have 4c natural high porosity hair. After using a protein treatment, I got protein overload. After weeks of trying different items and mixtures to stop the excessive breakage and shedding, I went to target to look for Suave clarifying shampoo. Fortunately, they were out, so I grabbed this. After using this for a second time, my hair is no longer protein overloaded. I'm back to experiencing little to no breakage and I LOVE IT. For naturals, this is a great clarifying shampoo. I was on the verge of big chopping and this saved my hair!!

on 2/6/2019 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

For reference my hair is fine, medium thick, slightly wavy, and color treated.

For as long as I can remember I've been using mousse and/or gel and lots of hairspray to give my hair volume, which of course amounted to lots of residue which weighed my hair down. I purchased this a while back to help with that and it works exactly as advertised. I got highlights a few months ago, and unfortunately I wasn't very careful with how I was caring for my hair e.g. too much heat styling, over washing, under conditioning, etc. and my hair became a dry, frizzy mess. After a little research, I realized all the volumizing products were actually really bad for my hair. I've since switched to only moisturizing/conditioning products and I'm seeing a lot of improvement, but I of course still get that product residue from time to time. I use this about every other week or so before deep conditioning. I feel like it allows my hair mask to penetrate better and the two products together leave my hair clean, soft, and with lots of natural volume and shine. It's a great product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Disaster for my fine high porosity dry hair.
I never use deep cleansing shampoos since I don't really use any styling products or dry shampoo on my hair. I usually shampoo twice every other or every third day and I find it sufficient. I never have a greasy scalp.
I bought this one after reading glorious reviews thinking that I might be missing something. Turned out I didn't.
Generally, it is not a good idea to wash high porosity hair with deep cleansing shampoo and this one is no exception. It made my hair beyond dry tangled awful birds nest. My well moisturizing conditioner didn't manage to replenish the moisture in my hair after this shampoo. Even after my hair got dried I could barely brush it (it was unbrushable in the shower as well), I had to cut off some tangles, yet my brush can't get through my hair without ripping them off.
Don't buy it if you have high porosity dry hair!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Lazy people rejoice. When my head is 50 pounds of dry shampoo, hairspray and probably a birds nest...there is no greater love than this. Usually I’ll use a cheap conditioner first to detangle then I’ll lather up with this shampoo. Also if you have hard water, this is your secret weapon. I really like Pureology’s version of this but I really hate paying for it. Neutrogena’s AR is equally comparable and a fraction of the cost. Party on.

on 4/21/2018 8:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have long hair which is dry, fine, thinning and naturally curly. Needless to say it is a challenge when it comes to products and styling. My Mom recommended this shampoo to me and I am really pleased with it. Since my hair is fine, it is really flat at the roots, so I was looking for a shampoo that would help give my hair a bit more volume, and this definitely did that. I was initially reluctant about using a clarifying shampoo thinking it may strip my hair of moisture and leave it looking fried. This shampoo does the opposite. After I use this, my hair is silky and shiny. It looks very healthy and it is so easy to style after (blow drying straight and then curling the ends with a heat styler). I even love the smell which is just pleasantly clean as opposed to many hair products on the market today which are overly perfumed with floral and sweet chemical notes.

I absolutely LOVE this shampoo. With the exception of its fragrance (which smells just like Thrills gum... that purple chicklet-looking kind in the yellow box that tastes like soap) it's an amazing product.

I have baby fine hair on the thinner side, and used to be really hard on my hair with dyes/bleaches/hot tools,etc. My thin, fine strands mean I don't fare well with most hair products like serums, deep conditioners, or heat protectors - many leave my hair looking greasy/piecey/unclean... So I struggled with frizz and breakage. I eventually gave up coloring (abusing) my hair and wanted to grow out the frizzy damage, so I turned to shampoos and conditioners for damaged hair with all kinds of proteins and oils and such. After several months, and a handful of haircuts later, I had rid myself of most of my damaged ends... but still using the same shampoos/conditioners because I thought I needed the extra protein. By now, I had actually come completely full circle and was suddenly suffering from major breakage on completrly healthy, unprocessed hair. Someone eventually clued me in that too much protein ALSO causes it to become brittle and break off easily, and that I should get this to strip my hair of all the excess and start fresh with a different kind of shampoo. It literally saved my hair.

It leaves hair so clean you can actually hear it squeak, and it's gentle enough for my sensitive skin and doesnt dry out my super fine baby hair. BONUS: if you often switch between shampoos because you like a variety or because one stops working for you (or doesn't seem to work for you), this can make an unbelievable difference. If you don't clarify between switching shampoo/conditioner brands, your new shampoo might actually just seem underwhelming because it just doesn't work well with your previous ones buildup. I use it before I try any new shampoos so that my hair has a clean slate before I decide if I like something. You'd be surprised how many shampoos I thought I hated before I used this between switching. Makes a world of difference! I also use once a week because it keeps my hair soft and manageable, and it makes my regular shampoo and conditioner work WAY better. You get that extra luxurious new shampoo feeling with your regular shampoo the next wash after clarifying. I'm totally addicted.

I use this to reset my hair after using tons of products on my hair one a week. It has a nice clean scent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My favorite clarifying shampoo. Others leave my hair flat and stringy but this one does not. I use it twice a month and it makes a huge difference.

Recently I've struggled with build up, and I don't use a lot of products so I'm at a loss as to what is causing it. My hair has been dry and brittle and maybe it's just aging and coloring, but it's a mess. I air dry a lot and deep condition regularly. I keep the heat on my flat iron at the lowest setting I can use and never pass over an area more than twice. I use it more to smooth than get pin straight hair. It occurred to me then that it was build up.

A few months back I used dish soap in a pinch and it worked wonders. My hair felt amazing. And now that it's summer I'm back to dry hair and frizzy ends and now a sticky feeling to boot. Head and Shoulders didn't help a lot. Just a little. And I need to color my hair but was really reluctant to do it with an obvious build up on my hair. I need the color to penetrate and build up won't allow that.

I picked this up at the market tonight as it's no where to be found at my Walmart. $7. I had already washed my hair this morning and was feeling that sticky, gummy feeling. The humidity wasn't helping today either. My hair was stingy and stuck to my head. And I. Just. Washed. It. I just bent myself over my kitchen sink and gave this a go. About a quarter size for my bra strap length hair. I never do a second wash. Followed it with a heavy daily conditioner since I'm out of masks. My hair feels about 90% better than it did before I washed with this. I can run my fingers through my hair with very little sticky stoppage. I can grab a handful and it feels like hair. No tacky. The frizz is reduced because my conditioner was able to do what it needs to do. And it air dryed much faster as well. My natural waves look amazing. They look like beach waves and not a hot fried mess.

Yes it smells like Neutrogena glycerin soap. But it's Neutrogena and that's what they do. And I'll continue to use this weekly or biweekly. Wish it was easier to find but I'll persevere.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Only drugstore shampoo that will ever touch my hair. I use dry shampoo day and night to combat sweat and grease despite nightly washing and needed something to take out all of the product. I have bleached hair as well so I also needed something mild. This suds up beautifully and gets every bit of product out of my hair without irritating my sensitive scalp or turning my bleached hair orange or green. My hair doesn't feel super dry after this despite what so many other reviews warned me of. I do use my Kenra Nourishing Masque afterwards as a safety percosion and my hair comes out voluminous, soft and very clean. It makes my sulfate-free Frizz Control shampoo by Kenra work so much better! It's pricey for drugstore but is so much more gentle and effective than the Clarifying shampoo by Kenra that I used to use religiously once a week.

Popular Shampoos