4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

I love the smell of this .I don't need clarifying shampoo, but I use it a a shower gel when I am on vacation as a treat. The smell of this makes me feel very pampered.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair

HairRed

3 months ago

I've purchased this product numerous times and always have a bottle of Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo in the bath. I have untreated, normal hair. The strands are of average diameter, so it's not fine, but there is a lot of hair. It is cut short, usually in a pixie, because I like low maintenance. My stylist has to give me 2 cuts - one for style and shape, and then she has to go back and thin out the hair aggressively. If she doesn't thin it with a razor, it just weighs itself down and looks like a lifeless blob. I used to spend a small fortune on hair products. Now that I work from home, I don't wash my hair every day. Since my scalp is slightly oily, it's pretty icky if I go more than a couple of days between shampoos. My hair is not dry, moisturizing shampoos are too heavy, so I use Neutrogena. It's perfect. It would probably be drying if I used it every day, especially in the winter. Now that I don't shampoo everyday, it's not an issue. I occasionally switch it up with a shampoo for normal hair, just for some variety, but always come back to the Neutrogena for clean, predictable results.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair

HairGrey

8 months ago

Awesome clarifying shampoo at a great price. A little goes a long way. I have very thick, long, frizzy/curly, leached blonde (from dark brown), gray covered (wiry), & did I mention massive(?!?), hair. It’s impossible for me to not use products most of which contain silicones...have tried more expensive clarifying shampoos, but keep coming back to this. It’s all I need to get rid of product buildup & start with a clean slate. Highly recommend!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

a year ago

I have 4c natural high porosity hair. After using a protein treatment, I got protein overload. After weeks of trying different items and mixtures to stop the excessive breakage and shedding, I went to target to look for Suave clarifying shampoo. Fortunately, they were out, so I grabbed this. After using this for a second time, my hair is no longer protein overloaded. I'm back to experiencing little to no breakage and I LOVE IT. For naturals, this is a great clarifying shampoo. I was on the verge of big chopping and this saved my hair!!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Kinky, Medium

EyesBrown

a year ago

For reference my hair is fine, medium thick, slightly wavy, and color treated. For as long as I can remember I've been using mousse and/or gel and lots of hairspray to give my hair volume, which of course amounted to lots of residue which weighed my hair down. I purchased this a while back to help with that and it works exactly as advertised. I got highlights a few months ago, and unfortunately I wasn't very careful with how I was caring for my hair e.g. too much heat styling, over washing, under conditioning, etc. and my hair became a dry, frizzy mess. After a little research, I realized all the volumizing products were actually really bad for my hair. I've since switched to only moisturizing/conditioning products and I'm seeing a lot of improvement, but I of course still get that product residue from time to time. I use this about every other week or so before deep conditioning. I feel like it allows my hair mask to penetrate better and the two products together leave my hair clean, soft, and with lots of natural volume and shine. It's a great product.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

1.0

a year ago

Disaster for my fine high porosity dry hair. I never use deep cleansing shampoos since I don't really use any styling products or dry shampoo on my hair. I usually shampoo twice every other or every third day and I find it sufficient. I never have a greasy scalp. I bought this one after reading glorious reviews thinking that I might be missing something. Turned out I didn't. Generally, it is not a good idea to wash high porosity hair with deep cleansing shampoo and this one is no exception. It made my hair beyond dry tangled awful birds nest. My well moisturizing conditioner didn't manage to replenish the moisture in my hair after this shampoo. Even after my hair got dried I could barely brush it (it was unbrushable in the shower as well), I had to cut off some tangles, yet my brush can't get through my hair without ripping them off. Don't buy it if you have high porosity dry hair!

About reviewer (666 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Lazy people rejoice. When my head is 50 pounds of dry shampoo, hairspray and probably a birds nest...there is no greater love than this. Usually I’ll use a cheap conditioner first to detangle then I’ll lather up with this shampoo. Also if you have hard water, this is your secret weapon. I really like Pureology’s version of this but I really hate paying for it. Neutrogena’s AR is equally comparable and a fraction of the cost. Party on.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

2 years ago

I have long hair which is dry, fine, thinning and naturally curly. Needless to say it is a challenge when it comes to products and styling. My Mom recommended this shampoo to me and I am really pleased with it. Since my hair is fine, it is really flat at the roots, so I was looking for a shampoo that would help give my hair a bit more volume, and this definitely did that. I was initially reluctant about using a clarifying shampoo thinking it may strip my hair of moisture and leave it looking fried. This shampoo does the opposite. After I use this, my hair is silky and shiny. It looks very healthy and it is so easy to style after (blow drying straight and then curling the ends with a heat styler). I even love the smell which is just pleasantly clean as opposed to many hair products on the market today which are overly perfumed with floral and sweet chemical notes.

About reviewer (360 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Fine

2 years ago

I absolutely LOVE this shampoo. With the exception of its fragrance (which smells just like Thrills gum... that purple chicklet-looking kind in the yellow box that tastes like soap) it's an amazing product. I have baby fine hair on the thinner side, and used to be really hard on my hair with dyes/bleaches/hot tools,etc. My thin, fine strands mean I don't fare well with most hair products like serums, deep conditioners, or heat protectors - many leave my hair looking greasy/piecey/unclean... So I struggled with frizz and breakage. I eventually gave up coloring (abusing) my hair and wanted to grow out the frizzy damage, so I turned to shampoos and conditioners for damaged hair with all kinds of proteins and oils and such. After several months, and a handful of haircuts later, I had rid myself of most of my damaged ends... but still using the same shampoos/conditioners because I thought I needed the extra protein. By now, I had actually come completely full circle and was suddenly suffering from major breakage on completrly healthy, unprocessed hair. Someone eventually clued me in that too much protein ALSO causes it to become brittle and break off easily, and that I should get this to strip my hair of all the excess and start fresh with a different kind of shampoo. It literally saved my hair. It leaves hair so clean you can actually hear it squeak, and it's gentle enough for my sensitive skin and doesnt dry out my super fine baby hair. BONUS: if you often switch between shampoos because you like a variety or because one stops working for you (or doesn't seem to work for you), this can make an unbelievable difference. If you don't clarify between switching shampoo/conditioner brands, your new shampoo might actually just seem underwhelming because it just doesn't work well with your previous ones buildup. I use it before I try any new shampoos so that my hair has a clean slate before I decide if I like something. You'd be surprised how many shampoos I thought I hated before I used this between switching. Makes a world of difference! I also use once a week because it keeps my hair soft and manageable, and it makes my regular shampoo and conditioner work WAY better. You get that extra luxurious new shampoo feeling with your regular shampoo the next wash after clarifying. I'm totally addicted.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I use this to reset my hair after using tons of products on my hair one a week. It has a nice clean scent.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure