Neutrogena Pore Refining Daily Cleanser

Neutrogena Pore Refining Daily Cleanser

3.1

water, sodium laureth sulfate, glycerin, cocamidopropyl betaine, methyl gluceth-20, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, PEG-80 sorbitan laurate, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, salicylic acid, sodium chloride, benzyl alcohol, glycolic acid, fragrance, sodium hydroxide, polyquaternium-10, BHT, benzophenone-4, polyquaternium-7, ext. violet 2, blue 1

on 3/3/2017 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

I will forever have this on hand. Very impressed, especially for the price. I bought it for less than $10.

on 1/26/2017 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like to try all types of cleansers, from lower end prices like this one, to higher end. I didn't love the consistency of this one. It felt like a heavier cleansing gel than I am used to, but the biggest miss for me with it is the fragrance. It's very strong and unpleasant. I felt it didn't rinse very easily either. I was disappointed, as Neutrogena usually is a safe bet for good buys at a lower price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I usually go for un scented products, but this one doesn't bother me much. It's a pretty basic cleanser. A step up from a soap free cleanser. Texture wise it's a thin runny liquid soap. Foams nicely and rinses quickly, leaving behind no residue. I've been using this all summer but I found that the soap free cleansers weren't cutting through the oil on my face. I work in a restaurant, spend a lot of time in the kitchen. So I can get get very sweaty and oily on top of the oil in the air. This does a good job at leaving my face squeaky clean. If I do wear makeup I use an oil cleanser first, always. I have yet to find a single cleanser that can remove waterproof makeup on its own, besides oils. As an everyday cleanser this works well. The bha and aha exfoliates just enough to keep my face clear without becoming flaky from daily use. My face looks very smooth. I always follow with a drop of cerave lotion to moisturizer. I may or may not switch back to cerave SA cleanser in the cooler months since my skin might not need the extra cleansing power of this one. But for the summer, this is perfect.

on 2/23/2015 8:44:00 PM

I've been on a hunt to find an inexpensive foaming cleanser to use with my Clarisonic. According to some blogs/mags, a cleanser doesn't spend too much time on your face, so a lot of the additional benefits (like anti-aging) probably aren't as effective in a cleanser than in serums/creams. After learning about this, my goal was to find one that gets my face squeaky clean without stripping it of its moisture and breaking the bank. I have combo-dry skin, oily T-zone.

This is truly your basic, no frills face wash that lathers up a light, loose foam. The scent reminded me of dishwashing soap, but I got used to it. I use one deep pump of cleanser on my Clarisonic head to a naked face splashed with some water. I only use my Clarisonic 1-2 mornings a week and/or before special events on the weekends. As a regular evening cleanser, I use one pump in my palm and lather on my wet face. It doesn't remove makeup well, so I only use this occasionally on nights without makeup . I would definitely use eye makeup remover first if you have makeup on.

Overall, it does its job as a cleanser, but nothing more. I feel like I'm cheating my skin of something nicer. Now I am just trying to finish the bottle so I can continue my hunt for an inexpensive foaming cleanser that feels a little bit more luxurious than this one did.

Oh, and it didn't shrink my pores :(

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Did not notice any pore refining and it did not remove my makeup well when cleansing and I do not wear much makeup at all on a daily basis.

on 10/30/2015 11:26:00 AM

This cleanser was a bit below average. I needed to wash my face 2 times if I want my face completely clean, it didn't have any effect on my pores whatsoever. It doesn't have enough amount of BHA anyway cause it didn't do anything on my pimples. That's good I guess for sensitive types but it really didn't do its job. Good things about it: it's affordable and the packaging is good, but I want the product itself to shine too. I'm sorry, I like Neutrogena and I think they have better cleansers than this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like the look and smell of this product and I also really like the way my face feels and looks right after I wash, but that is about it. For acne-prone skin I thought the salicylic acid would benefit me but I do not think there is a high enough concentration. I have tried leaving this on my face for a few minutes and massaging with a scrublet thing but I have not seen any improvement in tone, texture, redness and especially pore size in about 7 uses over a 5 day period. It could take more time but I doubt it. I dont recommend this to acne-prone people because it does nothing. I also think my face is getting oiler quicker during the day since I started using this

It's always so hard for me to find a good face wash. I have super sensitive skin that can dry out fast! And I still get acne in my late 30s (ugh!) This face wash balances the moisture in my skin. It keeps my face clear without harsh affects of typical acne washes. The only thing I don't like is it says it may cause sensitivity to the sun and can make your face burn. I stick to only using it in the fall and winter and switch to Purpose face wash for spring and summer.

on 11/18/2014 9:46:00 PM

It's amazing! I love how it leaves my face super soft and how it makes it glow. I have noticed that I don't have to wear primer for my foundation to look flawless, and I've only been using it for 3 days. ! Another great product to use this with is the Loreal Youth Code Serum that is serious holy grail! These two products give me life!

on 1/31/2015 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

It was an okay cleanser. It did a pretty good job cleaning makeup off of my face. However, it always felt like it never completely washed away. It leaves a bit of residue after rinsing my face. It didn't make me break out though.