Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

on 10/6/2014 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Whoever said this powder is like a Instagram Filter wasn't lying.

First off I was debating on getting this or the Ben Nye Banana Powder, I have never tried the Ben Nye Powder but I don't like the way it looks on Women of color in pics, I am a NC 45-50 in Mac, Cadiz in Nars Sheer Glow , sometimes it can be a little too yellow in photos which I hate So I decided to get this and thank god I did I first heard about it through Kim K's makeup artist Mario, it brightens the under eye area and in photos it makes the under eye are look sealed and highlighted. As a selfie queen I was actually thrown off about how great it looked it does look like I have a filter on my photos.

Now the product,

The size of it may throw some people off especially for the price but A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY so this will last for a while. The powder itself has little specks of shimmer in it but again it is not very transparent it still gives a glowing matte look under the eye.

Application

I use a huge fluffy brush to apply it, I put a little of the powder in the cap then I dip the tip of my fluffy brush in the product and apply it under my eyes. Remember very little of this and it works great. Too much will ruin the whole look.

Longevity

Last all day no touch ups.

They are two shades of this I got shade # 2 which Is preferred for tan to dark tones. Darker toned do not be afraid of this product.

on 1/21/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This is the makeup equivalent of an instagram filter. I put the tiniest amount on a fluffy powder brush, sweep across my under eyes, cheekbones and forehead and it seriously makes you glow. Sometimes I even put it all over my face, though it's probably best to leave that for night time as it is a teensy bit shimmery in the sunlight (doesn't bother me personally). I've never used a setting powder that perfects my foundation so well. Even when I haven't slept, and my face really shows it, it works as a pick me up (admittedly not as well but well enough). I have actually tried using baby powder (it looked ashy and yuck on me), chanels translucent powder , and e.l.fs HD powder (which is a great, cheap dupe for this), but LMs is my HG. The packaging is a little annoying; spill-y and finicky, and the price is ok. It could be cheaper, but I wish everything was cheaper. I believe it's worth the price, one pot lasts me forever and I am a pretty heavy makeup user. It also does not break my whingey acne-prone skin out.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I use LM's Brightening Powder #2 to set my concealer. I lightly brush the powder underneath my eyes stopping right before the cheekbones. Brightens up my entire face- I look refreshed and awake. Excellent product. I would repurchase regardless the price!