Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

on 8/6/2011 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is my first time purchasing the product and I must say, this makes me feel and look amazing!

It's soft, finely milled (I could tell just by looking at it *^^*), and looks very natural. My goal of makeup first and foremost is for it to always to look natural. And Laura Mercier's powders (this is my second powder I've tried from them) have stayed consistently natural looking. This could also be used on the bridge of the nose to make your nose look taller paired with a matte contour.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've been using this for nearly a year and I love it. I use it to set under my eyes, around my mouth, and the side of my nose. I'm dark skinned (NARS Shee glow Cadiz), so I purchased #2 and it just a lil more color that #1. It prevents creasing in the areas that I appy it and provides a natural highlight to my under eye area. If you appy too much it can photograph with a white cast, but I never have that issue if I appy a small amount. I use a fluffy eye brush to apply it and works perfectly.

on 9/10/2009 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I'm a dark-skinned African-American, and I use the Secret Brightening Powder #2 interchangeably with LM's Transulcent Setting Powder. They are absolutely amazing for setting makeup and giving a subtle luminous glow to my skin.

The powder is incredibly finely milled, and soft as a kitten, so it glides smoothly over my face and never looks cakey. I much prefer using a translucent powder (like Secret Brightening) instead of a colored one, because I feel that the color builds up quickly on dark skin and begins to look unnatural. The Laura Mercier powders do the job perfectly without making me look like I have a face full of makeup.

The price is great, and the jar is the perfect size. I think I've repurchased this 5 or 6 times, since I use it all over my face. Best powder I've ever used.

on 10/15/2008 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The fab makeup artist @ Sephora Aventura- totally did me over, Using products I'd never even dreamt of using much less heard of.
When I left he gave me a few samples as I ended up spending over $100.
One of these samples was a fine powder that he put in a small jar, that sample lasted at least 5 months!!, so having no idea what it was I searched the Sephora website and concluded it was this miracle powder, Sent hubby in to purchase it and I'm in love - Again. I have puffy under eyes( or maybe they are just hollow) Anyway, I use Touche Eclat #4 (YSL) And then set it with this silica powder- the difference is immediate my eyes are radiant -Sometimes i use it on its own over foundation- and now when I take photos I dont look like the girl with the puffy/dark undereyes. I'm black - milk choc complexion and use #2.
I Highly highly recommend applying with a small fan brush- I purchased mine at the airport but am sure you can buy @ sephora too.
I couldn't love it more and it lasts For-Ev- Er!!!