Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 44-55
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2Secret Brightening Powder

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff! Who knew there was a powder to put over the concealer? I've been using a heavier concealer for the past year (oh, getting older....). This made any mascara or under-eye makeup run and disappear. I bought this online on a whim, and was pleasantly surprised that not only did it not crease, it looked very natural and I could again wear eyeliner and mascara. Great product!

on 1/21/2015 1:48:00 PM

I bought this for my under eye area. I didn't remove the sticker, just stuck a pin through a couple of the holes to prevent all of the product from spilling out. I use this every day, but mostly because I have it, not because it does anything great for me. It is very shimmery, but thank goodness that isn't obvious with the naked eye. I don't really see any brightening effect, and it cakes and creases as much as any other powder would.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing. It should make wrinkles look more prominent, but it doesn't! And what a dif in how long my concealer lasts on, at least three times as long. This is a gem, if you have serious problems with dark undereyes, invest in this.

on 12/1/2011 8:33:00 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. I love the effect it gives under my eyes and it sets my concealer really well. However, the powder is so fine that it sometimes creeps up my bottom eye lashes and gets into my eyes. This causes eye dryness and vision blurriness. I have to be overly careful when applying. The pot will probably last a really long time but I don't think I'll re-purchase.

First real thing I've bought at a "counter" at 48 years old, but the fac is a changin'!!! So pleased. I almost slipped out without talking to the woman about "how" to apply correctly! Glad I stuck around.
Tip the container upside down and back again. Dip a fluffy brush (they have one just for this powder) and using just what remains on the lid, PRESSING it into place, no sweeping! This stuff will last FOREVER like this and it works great to brighten and set concealer!! Love it! My skin is kind of light-medium and I got #1. I don't use it to cover dark circles, don't think it would work for that, but it definately adds a brighteness and finish that is what I needed.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I use this over LM Secret Concealer, just as all the SAs tell you to. It is perfect for keeping the concealer smooth and crinkle-free all day. I don't have any other use for this -- it's not exactly a luminizer, and it's too white to use anywhere else -- but I don't need another use for this. It is perfect for brightening under the eyes and setting concealer. I like the brush they sell to go with it -- just the right size for under the eye. I use this every day, even when I'm scarcely wearing any other makeup. A staple.

on 12/18/2008 8:09:00 AM

I purchased this product based on the fantastic reviews on this board. I'll join the minority in stating that it does nothing for me. I used Bobbi Brown corrector in light peach, dabbed a little Cle De Peau concealer, then set with the Secret Brightening Powder. The SBP seemed to emphasize my laugh lines and make my under eyes look chalky. I thought maybe I used too much so the next day I applied my BB concealer and a just a light dusting of the SBP. I didn't see anything at all - no brightening, no glow, no sparkle and certainly no camouflaging of dark circles (mine aren't even that bad). Would not buy again.

on 7/18/2006 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

When applied correctly, this powder makes me look like a new woman, so rested, like I just got back from a week on the beach in Bermuda, one of my favorite places. I got it in a swap, and probably never would have spent the money on it outright the first time, because it is very expensive for the amount of product you get. But for any woman of any age who has dark circles under her eyes, you must buy it.

Before putting this on, I put on a very generous amount of concealer patted on and blended well right under my eyes and on any dark circles. My usual way of applying it is to use a small powder puff dipped into the powder container with just a light bit of product, then I fold the puff in half and I tap it over the concealer, and add more if needed, and I use my ring finger to gently blend the outer edge of where I put the powder. You have to experiment to find the right amount to use for you, because I think if you use way too much product, you might look like you have white rings under your eyes. There may be cheaper versions that work just as well, but I haven't found one yet. I took one lippie off because of the price and because the holes in the sifter "layer" should be a little smaller.