Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 30-35
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2Secret Brightening Powder

4.6

on 6/17/2018 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've really been enjoying this powder for the last two months. At first I pulled off the whole protective cover and way too much came out. If you did so as well just cover half of the holes with duct tape.

I like the simple packaging and just dab a small amount right after applying concealer with a MAC 246 brush which I keep specifically for that purpose.

I really like the smoothness it leaves behind, doesn't look cakey and brightens the undereye area. It's still a powder though and don't think it can decrease the appearance of fine lines. Also the amount is rather small so it comes expensive overall. Still works better than anything else I've tried and will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm somewhat indifferent to the full face version of this but this under eye powder is simply the best thing to happen to my eyes!!! I have extremely bad under eye circles and have used every recommended corrector, concealer, potion, and powder from ludicrously high end to high street and this is without doubt the best. A tiny amount of product covers even my worst dark circles, never looks caked, and never creases. Yes, it is expensive for an under eye powder given so many come in kits already, but nothing compares to this! The only drawback is that so much comes out from one tap of the lid; but given this isn't something to carry on the go and the lid is so secure it's not really an issue. An instant Holy Grail product I already worry what I will do if they EVER discontinue this!

on 12/19/2014 9:13:00 AM

This is some good stuff! I was using elf's HD under eye concealer. When I was looking for a new concealer I was interested in Laura Merciers Secret Camouflage which, I love so when I was reading about that I came across this powder. I ordered it right away as I get bluing because I'm so pale in the corner of my eyes. It makes me look like I have insomnia which I kinda do. So I though using this with the concealer only in the corners of my eye might help. Well this powder is amazing! I sweep this with a fluffy concealer brush under and in the corners of my eye. It makes my eyes look so alive! The sparkle actually is kinda not a sparkle because it's used to reflect the light. So the shimmer isn't a deal breaker it's what helps make this product.

I also had a red spot under my eye and with a touch of cover up and this powder and it's gone! I also like how my eye makeup does not move with this. I don't get the mascara panda either. It just makes my under eye area look awake and fresh nothing crazy. It's really amazing how it reflects light to give that well rested appearance which I need sometimes. I also use it just to set my foundation under my eyes and keep my eye liner in place. It's pricy but for me it's plenty for the price and will last forever in my case. I'm an NW20, NARS Monte Blanc, green eyes, blonde hair for reference. I'm the number 1 shade in this and I really like what it does. Instant sleep and no discoloration I'll take it. Recommended!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hey, did you know Sonia Kashuk's Brightening Powder is almost identical to this? It runs around $10.00.

Mercier Secret Brightening Powder:
Talc, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Zeolite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Orchis Maculata Flower Extract, BHT. +/- [May Contain]: MICA (CI 77019), Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).

Sonia Kashuk Brightening Powder:
Talc, Silica, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Zeolite, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Laureth-4, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylparaben, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, BHT, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake.

E.L.F. HD Undereye Powder:
Talc, Mica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone, Crosspolymer, Silica, Magnesium Staerate Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (VC), Phytonadione (VK). May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77007), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 6/24/2010 12:49:00 AM

I have this powder in #2. It is very light cream shade of powder with tiny sparkles in it. This was the shade recommended to me as I have warm toned skin (MAC C4/C5). The powder is very finely milled, too fine to really stop any smudging of mascara you might get if you use under your brows. Did it brighten my very dark circles? No, every time I use this powder it somehow manages to make my dark circles look even darker than how they appeared before I applied my concealer and my undereye area appears to look more sunken than when I use normal face powder on top. I think it must be because the shade of the powder is just too insepid for my colouring which has a fair amount of yellow in it anyway. I'm not sure if I'm right about this but my hunch is if you are someone who suits a white shirt more than an ivory one (try it, one will lift your face much more) then it could be that no #1 is better for you. If it then makes the undereye area look too light, you can always go over it with a very light dusting of bronzing powder.
P.S: Don't apply this between the lower eyelid and the orbital bone, it looks strange in the middle of the summer - I tried it and I did.

I apply a slight dusting under my eye to set my concealer and it really does a great job. Keeps my concealer in place and delivers that subtle brightening effect, especially noticeable when I only do one under eye and compare the difference. Very happy with the results and will repurchase. For reference I purchased #1 and I'm PPP.

on 2/18/2009 6:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is a HG product for me. I use it less to conceal dark circles (it is too white for that) than to disguise fine lines and the beginnings of sagging around the eye area. It is so finely milled that it glides over fine lines and unevenness under the eyes, and mattifys them, making them much less prominent. I also use it as a light highlighter on the outer corners of my under-eye socket. A terrific product, and one I will definitely be re-purchasing.

on 8/19/2008 10:07:00 AM

I use this to set my bobbi brown corrector and the result is perfect. with small amount my under eye circles disappear. it's the best.

on 11/19/2007 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's not often that I'll be so excited about a product that I'll review after only using a few times, but this product has made such a difference to my appearance I just had to share. I've had dark circles my whole life and although I have found products to help hide them, they're always noticeable. I had despaired of ever being rid of them. Until I tried this stuff. For the first time in my life I have no dark circles! Hallelujah! I just put the tiniest bit on with a fluffly blush, and hey presto, the shadows are banished. I was a bit reticent to put a powder under my eyes, but when its on, it doesn't look like I have powder on at all and it doesn't settle into fine lines. I also use a bit around the side of my nose to smooth out the skin tone (although it can give me a sneezing fit). My only regret is that I didn't discover this earlier. I'm fair and use the #1 shade. It looks startlingly white in the pot, but it blends beautifully when its on.

on 1/4/2006 6:49:00 PM

I love this so much and am so glad that I found it. It makes such a difference in the way my concealer stays on and looks. It totally brightens the eye area with out looking creasy or "powdery". I also use this around my nose where I have some redness and it works so well. I use this on top of Boing from Benefit which I really like. The jar is very small but the powder lasts forever, so it is not too over-priced. Great product and one that I will not be without!