Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel age: 30-35
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2Secret Brightening Powder

4.8

on 9/11/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Despite not really having a valid reason for needing this powder, I use it all the time. My skin is normal (N10), slightly dry on occasion (depending on weather and allergies), and I typically don't have issues with my concealer fading or moving around on my skin. But I love the effect this gives my undereye area. It adds a subtle luminosity and a soft glow without looking cakey or powdery. It's one of those products that I can easily remove from my routine, or replace with a more light reflecting concealer, but at the same time it's such a simple extra step with a lot of payoff so I can't see myself not using it.

I've had equally good results using this over all of my concealers, which I switch around depending on my mood. Currently I use Cle de Peau concealer in Ivory, Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Fair, and Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly. For liquid concealers I make sure to let them set for a minute or two first before applying the powder. It's so lightweight and silky, extremely sheer, and thin so it doesn't look heavy at all. I use a synthetic fluffy brush to apply so it isn't packed on. The shimmer is subtle but if used heavily it does look more obvious. The powder itself is on the luminous side too, so it may be too much of an effect for those who like a matte quality in their makeup.

I haven't used this anywhere other than my undereye area, so the small size isn't an issue. I've had mine for about five months and it doesn't look like I've used much at all yet. But I think depending on how/where you use this will determine how fast you use up the jar. I think a similar effect can be achieved by other products, and any loose powder will probably do just as fine a job setting makeup, but I do like this and will keep purchasing. I'm a huge fan of light reflecting/glowy makeup and so this is right up my alley. Plus I like that it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

on 11/20/2010 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think the people who rate this poorly just aren't using it right. This is not a stand alone concealer. This is a finely milled powder to set your undereye concealer WITH. If you have lines, using a regular powder will not be pretty. This definitely brightens up the area as well. I've had no problems with the lid coming off, packaging is perfect. I use it with a smallish fluffy UD brush I got with a palette of theirs with great results. I have super dark circles and with BB correcter, Lancome Effecernes, and this, I don't look like I've been pulling all nighters for a month. :) Oh, and anyone complaining about the price -- this stuff lasts a LONG time. It's a bargain. I don't really get people who review stuff poorly because of price... you knew what it cost when you bought it. To say it works but is too expensive? Not helpful!

In short -- it works and is well worth the price. :)

I use this in #2, to set the concealer under my eyes (Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer). I am happy how these two products complement each other. The powder is very finely milled, and is not visible to the eye. It does make the concealer longer lasting.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I use this to set concealer...not as a concealer in and of itself. For that, it works great. I use either MUFE's Lift or YSL's Touche Eclat and follow it with a precise dusting of this fine-milled powder. It is mainly a matte, sheer white powder that does have some fine "shimmers" here and there - but they don't really show up (at least not on my PPP/FFF skin) once on. Has a nice, soft focus effect. Should last quite a while, too.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product so much I'd marry it if I could. OK. That's an exaggeration. But still. I EVANGELIZE over this stuff. At least three people have bought this powder on the basis of my very strong recommendation. This is what it does: it sets the concealer I put all around my eyes (as a brightener and base). Without creasing. And while managing to somehow make my eyes brighter without looking very obviously like highlighter on my eyes. Miracle powder where have you been all my life? (By the way, all girlfriends who bought this powder on my recommendation are similarly in love.)