Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

4.5

on 1/30/2016 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product does not work for me.
I used it under my eyes to set my concealer, however, i do not like it.
It said it is a secret brightening powder, it does not brightening for sure!!!
Plus it does not set your concealer well, this product is just a huge turndown for me.

on 11/13/2015 11:21:00 PM

loveee this product! I have really bad under-eye creasing and would walk around with a tiny brush to constantly brush away the creasing throughout the day. I've tried numerous powders but none worked as great as the LM secret brightening powder. Once I started using this powder, the creasing under my eyes diminished significantly and my under eyes looked flawless! I use this powder with my beauty blender; I make sure my concealer is well blended and no lines are visible and then pat the powder on. Would definitely repurchase!

on 8/12/2014 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It took me two months to finally find this product in stock on sephora. When I got it, I opened it up to find that it had a white sticker on top to avoid the powder from falling out during shipping. While I was removing the sticker, the top part of the stiffer came unloose and powder went flying everywhere. I didn't lose a lot of powder, nonetheless I was not happy. That part should be more tighten down due to the fact that one has to pull the sticker off the holes in order to allow the powder to come out.

This powder is very finely milled. It also very creamy if I dare say. I love applying it with my Blank Canvas Cosmetic F15 face brush. It picks up the powder nicely and distributes it evenly underneath my eye area with its pointed red bristle head.

This powder goes on smoothly and does not settle into the fine lines of your face or eye area. Some people said that it leaves you with a bit of a glitterly look underneath your eyes. I beg to differ. I don't recall seeing any glitter underneath my eyes. However what I did see was my dark under eye circles almost vanish. Normally I apply my Chanel Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer first and then my Guerlain foundation to hide my dark circles. After that I applied the LM brightening powder and was so shock to see how my under eye area no longer look dark and dreary. Instead it looked alive, with color and bright.

This powder does not leave behind a white cast. However since my skin color is very fair, I don't know how it would look on darker skin tones. Nonetheless LM makes this brighten powder a darker white side (if that makes sense) for those of darker skin tone. Its called LM Secret Brightening Powder II.

The only con I have with this is the size and prize. This powder cost $29 CDN and comes in a very very small container. Don't get me wrong, its not like you need a lot for your under eye area. However for $29 dollars, I expected a lot more in size. The only reason I bought this is because it came highly recommended and I figured I might as well give it a try.

I would highly recommend this powder be used to set your under eye concealer if you are looking for a more alive and bright look which will help to hide the dark circles that your concealer might not be able to fully do!

on 2/11/2010 6:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

my HG for setting undereye concealer. TBH at first I was skeptical about the shimmer, thought it would highlight my panda eyes, but no, once you dust it on you can barely tell there is any shimmer at all. And it stays in place all day I never need to top up my concealer again. My undereye area doesn't feel dried out. Yes it still settles into my lines a little bit, but that can't be helped, unless they come up with a powder that actually floats 0.1 mm above my face XD
the only downside is that there isn't much of a colour selection, they only have this in 3 tones I believe? so if it doesn't match your skin, it's gonna look BAAAD. choose carefully girls

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I went back to this little jar of powder even though I very much preferred the coverage of Benefit's Powderflage.

This powder can conceal pretty well, but it doesn't really hide very bad circles (especially when I don't have enough and good sleep). The plus point is that this is much more hydrating than Powderflage, so this one is still an overall winner for me!

I am NC30-35, is currently using No. 2. I will try No. 1 next to see if it conceals better.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this from a swap without seeing this in real life and I was shocked when I opened the tub... I was thinking how to use a shimmery white powder? *gulp* and under the eye?

Then I tried this with my HG CdP concealer and I have a feeling that they are made to be a pair though I know this is made for LM's concealers and I can't compare as I haven't tried them. This sets the concealer really well. Smooth and flawless. No issue with settling into my line as with the other pressed powder I always use, well unless no touch-up till after-work.

Also, the powder I need for this is minimal, I need to tap off excess powder otherwise my under eye area looks shimmery.

I'm not a fan with the packaging as I hate loose powder form stuffs... I think it will be better if they can make the slits of the sifter smaller? I always get too much powder with one tap on the container on the screw top.

on 10/22/2008 1:31:00 AM

Love it. Like all the other reviewers, I just love it. Probably like many who first heard about this product, I simply could NOT believe powder can be effective in concealing undercircles. But somehow this powder just works. Unlike most other concealing products, this one doesn't dry my lines. Instead, my undereye areas feel very smooth and velvety after I apply it. It might be because of the very very fine texture of the powder. Besides, the shimmer is just right. I hate shimmery products in general, but this one works just fine for me. As its name suggests, it actually brightens your eyes SECRETLY. A really incredible product.

on 10/20/2006 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I did NOT want to like this because it's so expensive but I ended up loving it. Not only does it brighten up the eye area but it actually sets concealer without looking cakey, chalky, or settling into fine lines. I apply with a small blush brush. There isn't much but the small container really does last a long time. I've never tried using this as a face powder nor would I ever since it's quite expensive and I'm pretty happy with my current arsenal of face powders. Here's my secret: Secret Brightening Powder also helps to set UDPP and makes eyeshadow glide on and blend easier. As for shades, I'm an olivey NC 25-ish and #2 works just fine for me. It's still quite light and I'm not very dark mysef so I'm not sure how it will work for darker skintones. Secret Brightening Powder is a very finely-milled, transluscent powder with subtle microshimmer.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is the best beauty product i have ever come across. I have really dark undereye circles and this powder not only sets my concealer, it brightens the whole area and somehow magically diffues fine lines. I really love this - makes me happy!

I have heared soo much review on how excellent this powder is but i have to say that i am slightly dissapointed. It is supposed to get rid of the eyebags or at least mask the appearance of it. I use it on top of my concealer, but i feel that dusting this powder left me with a racoonish feeling. I might be dusting too much of it, but i doubt it. Plus if i look closely, i can see gliterry specks under my eyes & its just kinda weird. I will keep on using this though, because i have spent AU$45 on it & i intend of make full use of it. If i do finally mastered the art of using this brightening powder, i will update.

Update: I bought the secret brightener from Laura Mercier & i have to agree that it does help. I guess the main key is you have to use it with the Secret brightener to really see a difference.