Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 30-35
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2Secret Brightening Powder

on 5/4/2017 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy grail alert. I have very oily skin and very dark under eye circles. I have tried so many setting powders for my under eyes before but it was always the same, it looks cakey and my concealer would crease no matter how thin the layer of powder is.

Recently I have attended a Laura Mercier makeup workshop in my area so new products were introduced as well as the good old trusted Laura products. I decided to buy this. I am glad I did. This changed my life. My concealer did not crease, didn't look cakey or thick at all. I use a bigger and loose eyeshadow brush in setting it, not the dense one cos I think it would put a white cast and can be patchy.

My undereyes look brighter and smooth. Though this can be quite expensive but you only need a very little amount for each use so I guess this will last for years. I definitely recommend this. I am loving it very very much!!!

on 10/30/2016 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my HG powder for setting undereye concealer. Perfect for anyone with very deep set eyes (and undereye area).

Pros: Finely milled, super brightening and has amazing light reflective particles that make your undereye area look fresh and flawless. Because it is so brightening it's perfect to optically bring forward any areas that are sunken in. It's pricey and the jar is small but, because you need very little product per use, will last you for ever (for me it's been over 6 months). Once your concealer is set with this, you can literally sleep in it and when you wake up your undereyes will still be flawless (shame to admit, but I've been there and done that).

Cons: I can't honestly think of any other than you just need to know how to use it. It is super brightening so if you use it on its own or you don't colour correct or conceal the darkness first, it will just make you look ashy. It has simply not been designed to be used that way. You may also find that unless you have very deep set eyes where the undereye area is a bit sunken in and extreme dark circles (like I do), you may just not need this type of product at all.

on 10/17/2016 10:32:00 AM

I gave into the hype and bought this. I'm a high end cosmetics addict and bought most of the products that were hyped in the last 5 years, like the Cle de Peau concealer, dipbrow from ABH, fix plus, you name it. The thing with these hyped products is that there's no guarantee. Some are great like the hoola bronzer or Becca highlighters, some suck like the YSL Touche Eclat blur perfector and some are 'whatever', like the Cle de Peau concealer(the $ though!). This powder is in the 'whatever' category. It doesn't illuminate anything. It's simply not super mattifying and it has a slight white cast. I don't call that illuminating. I'm NC20, so the white cast doesn't look very stark on me, but if you have medium to dark skin, I would imagine it would look weird. I don't like the powder I use under my eyes to be white, because I use a salmon concealer and this is defeating the purpose of using a salmon color, since after i use the powder on top of it, it looks white-ish. Also, my concealer still creases and my eye area looks dry. There's nothing at all special about this powder, first ingredient is talc anyway. Absolutely nothing. You can replace it with any loose powder, especially if it has a bit of reflective propreties. I personally use a peach coloured powder from Givenchy that's very finely milled and keeps my concealer color salmony and it works great. I'll try to use this on my face instead, so it's not totally wasted.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

As a huge fan of the Laura Mercier mineral range I thought I'd love this as much as everyone else, but it doesn't do all that much for me. I use it to set my undereye concealer as the MUA recommended, but the finish isn't amazing at all. I love highlighters, but not glitter and I really notice the particles in this. Its a shame, I really wanted to love this after reading so many great reviews.

on 8/4/2013 1:41:00 PM

I have this in number 2. It is meant for the under eyes... but I actually use it all over my face as a setting powder. Since the powder is very finely milled I don't look like a disco ball after (I've checked my face in sunlight). IMO, you don't need another setting powder if you have this product especially if you have dry skin. The packaging sucks. There is a sifter - but the container can get very messy; it is not travel friendly at all... since there are so many (less expensive) setting powders out there, I don't believe this is a necessary purchase.

on 2/5/2013 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have this in #2. Almost forgot about it since I don't use it much. No idea how to use it without getting crepey under my eyes.

Tried patting under my eye, still feels like reverse panda with enhanced wrinkles.

on 1/17/2013 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It is good and stays long but after using for a week I developed some dry rash. It made my skin very dry and itchy.

This is the ONLY thing I will use to set my clients under eye concealer. It's the only powder that doesn't make the skin look crepey. It absolutley does not highlight wrinkles, it softly diffuses the light and makes the skin appear smoother. It also prevents the concealer from moving around. This is something I will keep in my kit until they stop making it (God forbid).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just bought my 3rd one of the #2 powder. I don't think I can use anything else to set my under eye concealer. The sifter is tricky because it dispenses a whole lot of product when you only need a teeny bit. To apply, I use a fluffy brush to pat it on and then sweep off any excess to avoid it from settling in my fine lines.
It definitely does brighten the eye area and doesn't flash back stark white in photos. The price is fair because one jar will last for about a year with everyday use. Totally worth it, IMO.

on 9/26/2011 5:24:00 PM

I don't know how this works but it does. After concealing my mild dark circles, a light sweep of this under my eyes with the Laura Mercier mini-fan brush just brightens up the face. I use the #2 as I am a NC30/C4 light tan Asian gal. For the rest of my face (usually just T-zone) I dust with her Invisible Setting Powder or my MUFE HD Powder. But for under the eyes? I ONLY use this Brightening Powder. I am a believer; it really makes a difference and makes me look awake and vibrant!