Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 44-55
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2Secret Brightening Powder

3.9

on 12/30/2012 4:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I can see how this might be an awesome product if you don't have super fair skin. But, I do.
I've been using it after I'm done with my foundation and concealer, to set my under eye concealer and brighten that area. It works great for setting, but doesn't brighten at all, which I guess is because my skin is already so white.
SO, if you're pale I wouldn't recommend it...you can use a regular, less expensive powder to set your concealer. If you have olive or darker skin, this might be great for you.
If you're pale and you just love playing around with a million products, have at it. It works very well as an under eye powder. My concealer lasts longer than without it, and my mascara doesn't migrate to below my eye.However, I won't be repurchasing since I'm pretty sure I can get the same results with the MAC powder I use on the rest of my face.

on 11/8/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! Really brightens the eye area. I use YSL Radiant Touch as an under eye conceler as I dont have dark circles just some small lines and this really finishes it off nicely without acccentuating the lines at all. Usually I cant put powder under my eyes - a moist look is just better for those little lines and I just want a finished look. This stuff is so much better than just the YSL by itself. And it will last for a long time as it only takes a small amount. I use a foundation brush and just pat a little under each eye and on the cheek bone sometimes too. Great product!

SUPERB! This brightening powder erases the darkness around the eyes, stays smooth, doesn't disappear during the day, never settles into the creases, and sets concealer. I apply this after foundation, then this product, then blush, then finishing powder. Although other posters use this as an eyeshadow colour, I have not done this yet.

I would definitely re-purchase and this this smaller "pot" will last for some time.

on 9/21/2008 5:30:00 PM

This powder has changed how I look at concealers forever! I absolutely love this!!!!!!!!!!!Let me explain-Right now I am using "Eraste Paste"#2(RIS) which I remove a small amount (enough to cover my fingertip),warm it on the back of my other hand in a circular motion,pat it under each eye.This method helps to thin the product for a nice,smooth application.I then use the MAC concealer brush(I have forgotten the # and it has worn off the brush),dip it into the tiniest amount of powder in the cap of the jar and I mean such a small amount that it can barely be seen,press and circle the brush to pick-up product and then I pat the brush over the concealer.The results are outstanding!My undereyes are bright,no trace of dark circles.I bought Secret Powder #2 for reference right now after summer I am MAC NC 30,EM medium beige and since there are only 2 shades(1&2) #1 would be way too light for me.There is so much product in this jar it should last for yearsLOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

on 8/28/2008 1:37:00 AM

I was easily convinced that an extra fine powder would be invisible and yet take away that shiny look under the eyes. I tested one eye with the LM secret brightening in #1 and the other under eye area w/Nars loose poweer which I use on my face. I found no difference. Why buy two powders when an extra fine face powder does the same thing. I was definately sold on it and excited to try it, but found nothing secret or magical about it. I would never buy again.

on 8/3/2007 4:15:00 PM

I agree with the majority of the reviewers. I use this daily and one small jar lasts at least a year. One other benefit to this is that it helps keep my mascara from smudging by keeping my undereye area dry. It settles perfectly over the concealer - but not so that it accentuates my lines. A mainstay for me. I honestly can say that it has outperformed my expectations.

on 4/5/2006 12:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I hoped that this would offer some diffusion and brightening (I used it over LM Secret Concealer), but it flaked and caked, just like every other powder and many concealers I have used in the past. Gave me that crackly/alligator-skin look, even though I used just the tiniest amounts (as recommended) and tried various amounts of moisturizer underneath. I had also hoped I could use this as a subtle highlighter on the inner corners of my eyes, but it flaked there, too. I returned it.