Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 30-35
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2Secret Brightening Powder

3.8

on 1/5/2015 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I bought this with a voucher I had for Christmas as I fancied something to set my under eye concealer with. Utter disappointment. I may as well use baby powder on my face. I used it sparingly and it instantly settled into my makeup and fine lines- I'm only 30 and don't have many!
It's the only time my partner has said 'are you wearing foundation?' As he hates heavy make up, as do I. As it set into my make up it took away the 'dewy glow' I have from it too which emphasised my dark circles.

The pot it comes in is also isn't very nice. The only positive thing I could think of is that it would probably last you a while as you only need such a tiny bit.

Boo to my wasted voucher! :(

on 1/6/2009 7:56:00 AM

This powder is great for setting under-eye concealer. I use Laura Mercier secret concealer (which is great for dark circles) and then apply this using a brush. It is important to use a brush otherwise the powder may settle into fine lines too noticably. Pat the brush in light motions on the under eye area and you should look wide awake : )

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Well I got seduced into buying this when I was in SpaceNK the other day - I was looking at the No1 (white version) as I am ghostly pale but the SA convinced me to try the No2 which is advertised as being for darker skin tones. Her reasoning is that the No2 looks much more natural than the white which can look lodd under some lights and weirdly on skin as pale as mine give you reverse panda eyes as you have little natural skin colour to counter the whiteness - she advised sticking to the No.2 except for evenings. So decided to give it a whirl. The No.2 shade is still VERY pale - like a slightly off white. She used this over the Secret Concealor and Secret Light pen (reviewed those seperately)- worked really well!!! (Am still lemming the white version though!!)
Not a miracle product but does make a big difference - didn't notice till did one eye and not the other.
Will definitely buy again just not sure what shade.Have taken off one lippy for the price!!

on 1/3/2007 8:42:00 AM

Fabulous powder! Works perfectly to set Secret Concealer and add a little bit of brightness to the eye area - not glitter!, just a nice brightness that makes the eye look more awake and youthfull.

Very nice. Definitely brightened up my undereye circles. I was very impressed by how much difference it made, even when I was already wearing concealer. I think almost every woman could benefit by adding this to their makeup routine.