Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

4.1

on 6/5/2016 4:23:00 PM

I got the powder for Christmas 2015 and it is my most used present. After I finish foundation and concealer I use my beauty blender to pack the powder under my eyes, on my chin, and on the bridge of my nose. I do not know how the powder does it, but my foundation suddenly looks smooth and as close to flawless as I've seen. The packaging is the same as most powders. It's in a pot with a cap with holes in it and you pour the product into the lid. I always end up pouring too much product which is not the best, but I can usually get most of the product back into the pot, but I always have the powder fly into the air when I put the lid on. The other negative is that it is expensive! But it seems to be lasting me. I will say though that I do not where makeup everyday. I would say the pros of the powder our way the cons. This is a definite repurchase.

For the price of this product and the small amount I expected something better. I felt that it didn't stop my undereyes from creasing at all and added no brightening effect whatsoever. I much prefer the bare minerals translucent powder. You get a lot more for less money and it sets my undereye soooo much better than this powder.

on 6/8/2015 5:29:00 PM

Woah! My under eyes crease a lot and someone recommended this and it's amazing! I've never seen anything like this it stopped my undereyes from creasing and made them look more awake and feel smoother

on 1/5/2015 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I bought this with a voucher I had for Christmas as I fancied something to set my under eye concealer with. Utter disappointment. I may as well use baby powder on my face. I used it sparingly and it instantly settled into my makeup and fine lines- I'm only 30 and don't have many!
It's the only time my partner has said 'are you wearing foundation?' As he hates heavy make up, as do I. As it set into my make up it took away the 'dewy glow' I have from it too which emphasised my dark circles.

The pot it comes in is also isn't very nice. The only positive thing I could think of is that it would probably last you a while as you only need such a tiny bit.

Boo to my wasted voucher! :(

I really love this powder. It's one of the few powders I've used that actually prevents my undereye concealer from creasing. I use NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and all the other powders (MUFE HD Microfinish Powder and NARS Pressed Powder) did not prevent it from creasing, but with this I have no creasing!

I also think that the slight shimmer in it actually does brighten up my undereye circles and I do notice a difference after I apply it over my concealer. The shimmer can look somewhat scary on your hand or in the jar, but don't worry it really doesn't look like a disco ball when you put it on under your eyes! I've also used it to set my cream highlighter along my nose and on my forehead, and it looks nice used like this as well.

This is an excellent powder, it doesn't exacerbate dry flakes on my skin, and brightens a little bit. I just wish it were less expensive and more brightening.

Edit: I've started using this as my setting powder for my whole face and I love it. It brightens without dulling or overly mattifying my skin, like MUFE HD does.

on 12/11/2013 8:48:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this powder for setting my undereye concealer. It is subtly brightening, despite the not-so-subtle shimmer you see in the pot. I don't find that the shimmer is visible on my face. Even in bright sunlight. It might be more noticeable if you used it over a larger area, but under my eyes it's fine. This does a great job of keeping my concealer from creasing while also not making my undereyes look overly powdery. It emphasizes my fine lines the least out of any powder I've tried. I've never found a powder that doesn't emphasize them at all, but it's still better than the alternative of creasy concealer. I like to press this (gently!) into my concealer with either a sponge or a flat brush, then brush off any excess with a clean fluffy eyeshadow brush. The result leaves me looking wide awake, even when I'm far from it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Normally I stay away from loose powders because I am not a fan of cakey, matte skin. But having moved recently to a hot and humid climate I needed to add one to keep my foundation from sliding off.

Reference point: MAC NC 30-35, NARS Barcelona, Armani #7, tan and normal (occasionally slightly dry) skin. - I use the #2 powder.

I use this after my primer, foundation and concealer have been applied. I take my loose powder brush, something big and fluffy (NARS #1 or the Botan Kabuki) and dust a bit of the loose powder on my forehead, nose, and chin (areas that get shiny for me). Depending on what I'm doing that day, I may dust it all over my face. It does make my foundation last longer and I avoid the oily oxidizing t zone areas. However, while this is a luminous product I still have to use a light hand because it can get a like cakey looking. Honestly though, the difference between the days I skip the powder and the days I use it is pretty small. It's not a miracle face powder.

It's also AMAZING for setting under eye concealer! That's where this powder really shines for me. I love a bright under eye area. A heavy coverage concealer, while effectively covering circles tends to leave my under eye area looking cakey and matte. I use a concealer, a dab of YSL Touché Éclat for luminosity and brightening, then set it for longevity using a fluffy eyeshadow brush with the Laura Mercier powder. Ta Da! Beautiful, natural, bright under eyes. And the effect lasts all day.

In terms of packaging, loose powder has always been messy for me. It's not a purse friendly product.

Overall, I see this lasting a long time, and I may repurchase (although I want to try the NARS loose powder). I love this for setting my under eye concealer and like it for the rest of my face.

on 7/20/2013 7:28:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. I apply it to my t-zone area (over my ysl touche ecalte concealer) with a mac 224 flluffy brush. It really perfects my skin and makes my large pores look invisible. The sparkles are very subtle but give your face a beautiful natural glow. The price is reasonable because a little product goes a very long way. I've used it daily for over a year and still have half left. I will definitely repurchase. This is a must have for people with large pores!

on 6/21/2013 10:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Does a good job of setting my under eye concealer without drying out my skin. The shimmer is subtle. Can't say it makes THAT much of a difference, but it does what it's supposed to. I apply it with a fluffy blending brush. I can't imagine ever running out but if I do, I will repurchase.