Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 30-35
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2Secret Brightening Powder

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just bought my 3rd one of the #2 powder. I don't think I can use anything else to set my under eye concealer. The sifter is tricky because it dispenses a whole lot of product when you only need a teeny bit. To apply, I use a fluffy brush to pat it on and then sweep off any excess to avoid it from settling in my fine lines.
It definitely does brighten the eye area and doesn't flash back stark white in photos. The price is fair because one jar will last for about a year with everyday use. Totally worth it, IMO.

on 9/26/2011 5:24:00 PM

I don't know how this works but it does. After concealing my mild dark circles, a light sweep of this under my eyes with the Laura Mercier mini-fan brush just brightens up the face. I use the #2 as I am a NC30/C4 light tan Asian gal. For the rest of my face (usually just T-zone) I dust with her Invisible Setting Powder or my MUFE HD Powder. But for under the eyes? I ONLY use this Brightening Powder. I am a believer; it really makes a difference and makes me look awake and vibrant!

on 6/24/2010 12:49:00 AM

I have this powder in #2. It is very light cream shade of powder with tiny sparkles in it. This was the shade recommended to me as I have warm toned skin (MAC C4/C5). The powder is very finely milled, too fine to really stop any smudging of mascara you might get if you use under your brows. Did it brighten my very dark circles? No, every time I use this powder it somehow manages to make my dark circles look even darker than how they appeared before I applied my concealer and my undereye area appears to look more sunken than when I use normal face powder on top. I think it must be because the shade of the powder is just too insepid for my colouring which has a fair amount of yellow in it anyway. I'm not sure if I'm right about this but my hunch is if you are someone who suits a white shirt more than an ivory one (try it, one will lift your face much more) then it could be that no #1 is better for you. If it then makes the undereye area look too light, you can always go over it with a very light dusting of bronzing powder.
P.S: Don't apply this between the lower eyelid and the orbital bone, it looks strange in the middle of the summer - I tried it and I did.

I use this in #2, to set the concealer under my eyes (Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer). I am happy how these two products complement each other. The powder is very finely milled, and is not visible to the eye. It does make the concealer longer lasting.

on 2/18/2009 6:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is a HG product for me. I use it less to conceal dark circles (it is too white for that) than to disguise fine lines and the beginnings of sagging around the eye area. It is so finely milled that it glides over fine lines and unevenness under the eyes, and mattifys them, making them much less prominent. I also use it as a light highlighter on the outer corners of my under-eye socket. A terrific product, and one I will definitely be re-purchasing.

on 11/14/2007 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not sure what the big deal is about this stuff...I tried it for two days and all this stuff did was dry out my undereye area. I used my usual Chanel eye cream, and then concealer, and lightly dusted this on w/ a fluffy brush and by noon I saw lines I never knew I had. Not good...