Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Worth the price. Held my concealer through heavy crying on multiple occasions. No discernible texture. Brightens. Smooths away edges of eyeshadow in a photoshopped sort of haze.

on 9/29/2015 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I went to the LM in hopes of getting the regular translucent powder for setting my concealer and to start trying the "baking" technique. I was disappointed to find out that it was out of stock but the lady somehow managed to convince me into getting the Secret brightening powder for my under eyes and said that the other would be super dry. Now over all, the product is nice, but what I don't like about it is that is contains glitter. I would not repurchase this product because I'm planning to get the regular translucent powder

I LOVE this product. I use it primarily to set my concealer under my eyes. It helps to stop my concealer creasing but also helps to disguise my dark circles even further! Definitely recommend using this over concealer as I think it helps to reflect light and help colour correction.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I frickin love this product! This is my new powder to set my under eyes with! It doesn't leave a white cast and doesn't crease or settle into fine lines. I apply this with either a damp beauty blender or a fluffy brush, like a mac 224. Definitely would repurchase!

Edit (9/24/13):
I use this over Mac's pro longwear concealer. I apply with a real techniques setting brush. No matter what foundation shade I'm in, this goes perfectly with whatever color I am. Definitely would still repurchase!!

1/30/15: I finally finished the pot!! Bought second one already. This is my HG setting powder for under eye concealer.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is one of my all time favorite makeup products. If you love under eye brightening then you will die over this.

Laura Mercier makes a partner product with this which is the secret under eye brightening pen.

The idea is that you use the pen first, which is clickable - which then disperses product onto a brush applicator. I will do a separate review on this, but basically I'm not the hugest fan. I hate those applicators, I think they eat product - but you can read my full review on that product elsewhere.

The brightening powder is unlike any other. If you LOVE the under eye brightening you see on the red carpet and in photo shoots, I gauruntee this is the product the MUA is using. It photographs beautifully and just looks amazing.

It's a loose powder, so tricky packaging. I'm not sure what it is about the packaging, but my lid never sits tight enough so I know I've lost product from that - also be careful about laying it on it's side, I definitely get fallout on the rest of my product. Saying this, the longevity of this product is AMAZING! I've easily had mine for a year and a half, use it about 2-3 times a week, and I still have so much left over. I predict I'll need to purchase a new one in maybe 6 more months. So 2 years lifespan on a product is amazing!! The price - whatever it is, I don't remember is totally worth it.

I recommend this product to all my friends and family - it's my secret weapon!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just bought my 3rd one of the #2 powder. I don't think I can use anything else to set my under eye concealer. The sifter is tricky because it dispenses a whole lot of product when you only need a teeny bit. To apply, I use a fluffy brush to pat it on and then sweep off any excess to avoid it from settling in my fine lines.
It definitely does brighten the eye area and doesn't flash back stark white in photos. The price is fair because one jar will last for about a year with everyday use. Totally worth it, IMO.

on 12/1/2011 8:33:00 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. I love the effect it gives under my eyes and it sets my concealer really well. However, the powder is so fine that it sometimes creeps up my bottom eye lashes and gets into my eyes. This causes eye dryness and vision blurriness. I have to be overly careful when applying. The pot will probably last a really long time but I don't think I'll re-purchase.

on 9/26/2011 5:24:00 PM

I don't know how this works but it does. After concealing my mild dark circles, a light sweep of this under my eyes with the Laura Mercier mini-fan brush just brightens up the face. I use the #2 as I am a NC30/C4 light tan Asian gal. For the rest of my face (usually just T-zone) I dust with her Invisible Setting Powder or my MUFE HD Powder. But for under the eyes? I ONLY use this Brightening Powder. I am a believer; it really makes a difference and makes me look awake and vibrant!

on 9/23/2011 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I returned it got my money back....just bad

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a beneficial product for subtle under eye brightening. It effectively sets concealer in the under eye area, helping to prevent creasing and fading. I dab on a tiny amount, using a fluffy eye shadow brush. I quickly learned that a little of this product goes a long way. If you apply too much, It will make the under eye area look dry and creased. I suffer from hereditary dark circles, which are difficult to conceal. This product, used in conjunction with eye make up primer and a good concealer gives my eye area a lift. The brightening effect from this product appears to be most noticeable in photographs.