Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by hair type : Curly age: 30-35
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2Secret Brightening Powder

on 6/17/2018 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've really been enjoying this powder for the last two months. At first I pulled off the whole protective cover and way too much came out. If you did so as well just cover half of the holes with duct tape.

I like the simple packaging and just dab a small amount right after applying concealer with a MAC 246 brush which I keep specifically for that purpose.

I really like the smoothness it leaves behind, doesn't look cakey and brightens the undereye area. It's still a powder though and don't think it can decrease the appearance of fine lines. Also the amount is rather small so it comes expensive overall. Still works better than anything else I've tried and will repurchase.

on 8/12/2014 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

It took me two months to finally find this product in stock on sephora. When I got it, I opened it up to find that it had a white sticker on top to avoid the powder from falling out during shipping. While I was removing the sticker, the top part of the stiffer came unloose and powder went flying everywhere. I didn't lose a lot of powder, nonetheless I was not happy. That part should be more tighten down due to the fact that one has to pull the sticker off the holes in order to allow the powder to come out.

This powder is very finely milled. It also very creamy if I dare say. I love applying it with my Blank Canvas Cosmetic F15 face brush. It picks up the powder nicely and distributes it evenly underneath my eye area with its pointed red bristle head.

This powder goes on smoothly and does not settle into the fine lines of your face or eye area. Some people said that it leaves you with a bit of a glitterly look underneath your eyes. I beg to differ. I don't recall seeing any glitter underneath my eyes. However what I did see was my dark under eye circles almost vanish. Normally I apply my Chanel Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer first and then my Guerlain foundation to hide my dark circles. After that I applied the LM brightening powder and was so shock to see how my under eye area no longer look dark and dreary. Instead it looked alive, with color and bright.

This powder does not leave behind a white cast. However since my skin color is very fair, I don't know how it would look on darker skin tones. Nonetheless LM makes this brighten powder a darker white side (if that makes sense) for those of darker skin tone. Its called LM Secret Brightening Powder II.

The only con I have with this is the size and prize. This powder cost $29 CDN and comes in a very very small container. Don't get me wrong, its not like you need a lot for your under eye area. However for $29 dollars, I expected a lot more in size. The only reason I bought this is because it came highly recommended and I figured I might as well give it a try.

I would highly recommend this powder be used to set your under eye concealer if you are looking for a more alive and bright look which will help to hide the dark circles that your concealer might not be able to fully do!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I use this to set concealer...not as a concealer in and of itself. For that, it works great. I use either MUFE's Lift or YSL's Touche Eclat and follow it with a precise dusting of this fine-milled powder. It is mainly a matte, sheer white powder that does have some fine "shimmers" here and there - but they don't really show up (at least not on my PPP/FFF skin) once on. Has a nice, soft focus effect. Should last quite a while, too.