Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

4.2

on 5/4/2017 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy grail alert. I have very oily skin and very dark under eye circles. I have tried so many setting powders for my under eyes before but it was always the same, it looks cakey and my concealer would crease no matter how thin the layer of powder is.

Recently I have attended a Laura Mercier makeup workshop in my area so new products were introduced as well as the good old trusted Laura products. I decided to buy this. I am glad I did. This changed my life. My concealer did not crease, didn't look cakey or thick at all. I use a bigger and loose eyeshadow brush in setting it, not the dense one cos I think it would put a white cast and can be patchy.

My undereyes look brighter and smooth. Though this can be quite expensive but you only need a very little amount for each use so I guess this will last for years. I definitely recommend this. I am loving it very very much!!!

on 11/6/2016 1:02:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I enjoy using this and like the effect that it gives my under eyes, but sometimes it'll just snag at every dry patch and not want to blend properly. The pros definitely outweigh the cons for me though.

on 10/17/2016 10:32:00 AM

I gave into the hype and bought this. I'm a high end cosmetics addict and bought most of the products that were hyped in the last 5 years, like the Cle de Peau concealer, dipbrow from ABH, fix plus, you name it. The thing with these hyped products is that there's no guarantee. Some are great like the hoola bronzer or Becca highlighters, some suck like the YSL Touche Eclat blur perfector and some are 'whatever', like the Cle de Peau concealer(the $ though!). This powder is in the 'whatever' category. It doesn't illuminate anything. It's simply not super mattifying and it has a slight white cast. I don't call that illuminating. I'm NC20, so the white cast doesn't look very stark on me, but if you have medium to dark skin, I would imagine it would look weird. I don't like the powder I use under my eyes to be white, because I use a salmon concealer and this is defeating the purpose of using a salmon color, since after i use the powder on top of it, it looks white-ish. Also, my concealer still creases and my eye area looks dry. There's nothing at all special about this powder, first ingredient is talc anyway. Absolutely nothing. You can replace it with any loose powder, especially if it has a bit of reflective propreties. I personally use a peach coloured powder from Givenchy that's very finely milled and keeps my concealer color salmony and it works great. I'll try to use this on my face instead, so it's not totally wasted.

on 6/10/2016 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This product is simply amazing! I was traumatized when Benefit got rid of their powderflauge and I was in need of a replacement fast. Based on the reviews here I decided to buy this product and I have never looked back! It doesn't settle into fine lines, it brightens under my eyes and it locks in my eyeliner and bottom mascara so it doesn't run in the summer. I recommend this product to anyone and everyone no matter your skin type or age. Seriously, don't walk, run to the nearest store and buy this ASAP! Holy grail for sure, it will change your life!

on 1/29/2016 11:34:00 PM

I like to use this powder to set my under eye area and brighten it up for that awake effect. It does cast a white powdery look in flash photography tho, so I'd be careful. Its very soft and finely milled. No scent to this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great powder, really helps with my under eye creasing/fine lines. Dont use too much though or else you will look overly highlighted.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG!

I use this powder to set the various under eye concealers I use and this powder is just perfect! I never have any creasing, white flashback in photos when I use this. I was originally put off by the powder being white because I didn't want it to look ashy; but this powder is just perfect.

The product itself is a finely milled powder, almost like a sifted flour texture, it is very airy and light. It is white with a light sheen/glimmer to it. Once I blend out my concealer I apply this using my damp BB or my pointed Sigma Sigmax brush. I already use the GA orange corrector for my under eye area then conceal but I still want that something extra and this is just what I needed. I like the way this looks better during daytime then using banana colored powders it looks more natural. My under eye make up lasts forever once I set it with this. I also skip my corrector and my concealer will cast a dark shadow under my eye and this helps diffuse that perfectly!

I paid $24 and got 0.14 OZ. it might seem small but I have had mine since Sept.2014 and with daily use I still have a ton of product left. I highly suggest this powder, Its a must have in my book!

on 3/29/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Laura Mercier where have you been all my life?! (Lurking in John Lewis that's where) this product was recommended to me by a kind soul at Clinique in boots after I'd completed a full lap of the makeup counters and come up empty handed.

I was looking for a translucent powder that I could use over my liquid highlighter to stop my mascara smudging on it under my eyes, but one that would not spoil the effect of wearing a highlighter in the first place, what a conundrum!

This works perfectly, it's a very fine loose powder that looks quite sparkly on first inspection but tones down after you apply it, it sets your highlighter or concealer without 'covering' it and is moisturising so it doesn't dry out your eye area.

*TIP after you dip your brush in the powder tap most of it off back into the pot to get rid of excess- you only need a tiny amount, also make sure you use a light touch but do buff in well with a soft, fluffy brush.
Xx

on 1/5/2015 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I bought this with a voucher I had for Christmas as I fancied something to set my under eye concealer with. Utter disappointment. I may as well use baby powder on my face. I used it sparingly and it instantly settled into my makeup and fine lines- I'm only 30 and don't have many!
It's the only time my partner has said 'are you wearing foundation?' As he hates heavy make up, as do I. As it set into my make up it took away the 'dewy glow' I have from it too which emphasised my dark circles.

The pot it comes in is also isn't very nice. The only positive thing I could think of is that it would probably last you a while as you only need such a tiny bit.

Boo to my wasted voucher! :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

As a huge fan of the Laura Mercier mineral range I thought I'd love this as much as everyone else, but it doesn't do all that much for me. I use it to set my undereye concealer as the MUA recommended, but the finish isn't amazing at all. I love highlighters, but not glitter and I really notice the particles in this. Its a shame, I really wanted to love this after reading so many great reviews.