Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

on 12/6/2013 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have to say this is a great product if you are under 40. I've used this for years. Always thought I liked it. Helped cover my dark circles and set my under eye makeup. But after a few hours I always think when I look in the mirror that my eyes look more dry, wrinkly and crinkly. So I thought I would try not using this anymore and just use a setting spray. Oh My God!! What a difference! I look like I don't even have under eye wrinkles anymore. It emphasizes wrinkles at any age. I know make artist say to put powder under your eyes to set the makeup, but it's a huge mistake. I look 10 years younger since I stopped using this product. Maybe if you are in your 20's this would be good, but otherwise be careful, if you want to look to look younger. Setting sprays are the best!!!!

on 12/30/2012 4:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I can see how this might be an awesome product if you don't have super fair skin. But, I do.
I've been using it after I'm done with my foundation and concealer, to set my under eye concealer and brighten that area. It works great for setting, but doesn't brighten at all, which I guess is because my skin is already so white.
SO, if you're pale I wouldn't recommend it...you can use a regular, less expensive powder to set your concealer. If you have olive or darker skin, this might be great for you.
If you're pale and you just love playing around with a million products, have at it. It works very well as an under eye powder. My concealer lasts longer than without it, and my mascara doesn't migrate to below my eye.However, I won't be repurchasing since I'm pretty sure I can get the same results with the MAC powder I use on the rest of my face.

on 2/23/2010 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I apply the lightest dusting of this over my concealer. Sometimes I also dust some over my eyeliner because it doesn't lighten the liner, but it does set it so it's longer lasting. The effect this powder has over your under-eye concealer is subtle, but it really is good. Like everyone says, it provides a gentle brightening to the area. I much prefer this effect to the in-your-face, reflective eye brighteners that draw attention to your eyes in the worst way. Secret Brightening Powder is the kind of thing that you appreciate most on days that you *forget* to use it, because you notice that you do not look as good without it. I am NC20 & use the original shade (#1).

A little of this powder is all it takes! This is a very white powder and it is fine with whichever concealer I use under my eyes. I could have written the review below me. I have hereditary dark circles. People always say that I look like I need more sleep if I do not apply concealer. I could sleep all day and drink tons of water, but the dark circles remain.

When I apply this powder, I use the Nars 13 large dome brush. It picks up just the right amount of powder on its fluffy bristles. If you put on too much, the powder is no longer "Secret."

This tub lasts forever because so little is used. Doubt if I'll need a replacement for more than a year, but I will restock when the day comes.

See my notepad for my current concealer favorites.

on 9/21/2008 5:30:00 PM

This powder has changed how I look at concealers forever! I absolutely love this!!!!!!!!!!!Let me explain-Right now I am using "Eraste Paste"#2(RIS) which I remove a small amount (enough to cover my fingertip),warm it on the back of my other hand in a circular motion,pat it under each eye.This method helps to thin the product for a nice,smooth application.I then use the MAC concealer brush(I have forgotten the # and it has worn off the brush),dip it into the tiniest amount of powder in the cap of the jar and I mean such a small amount that it can barely be seen,press and circle the brush to pick-up product and then I pat the brush over the concealer.The results are outstanding!My undereyes are bright,no trace of dark circles.I bought Secret Powder #2 for reference right now after summer I am MAC NC 30,EM medium beige and since there are only 2 shades(1&2) #1 would be way too light for me.There is so much product in this jar it should last for yearsLOVE!!!!!!!!!!!