Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Worth the price. Held my concealer through heavy crying on multiple occasions. No discernible texture. Brightens. Smooths away edges of eyeshadow in a photoshopped sort of haze.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I'm not entirely sure why I ever bought this, but it sat around in a drawer for a long time before I decided to start using up a lot of my unused products. I didn't notice much difference from using this just under my eyes - it's not something I need, apparently, and maybe that's why I never bothered with it. I figured I'd try using it as a setting powder for my foundation just to use it up, and I actually really like it. It's very finely-milled with a very subtle shimmery glow that gives me that "lit from within" look while also making my skin look smoother and more flawless than usual (and my skin's not flawless). It's not too intense but also not super subtle and it may not be for everyone and not for every day, but I do love the look.

on 1/30/2016 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product does not work for me.
I used it under my eyes to set my concealer, however, i do not like it.
It said it is a secret brightening powder, it does not brightening for sure!!!
Plus it does not set your concealer well, this product is just a huge turndown for me.

on 12/6/2013 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have to say this is a great product if you are under 40. I've used this for years. Always thought I liked it. Helped cover my dark circles and set my under eye makeup. But after a few hours I always think when I look in the mirror that my eyes look more dry, wrinkly and crinkly. So I thought I would try not using this anymore and just use a setting spray. Oh My God!! What a difference! I look like I don't even have under eye wrinkles anymore. It emphasizes wrinkles at any age. I know make artist say to put powder under your eyes to set the makeup, but it's a huge mistake. I look 10 years younger since I stopped using this product. Maybe if you are in your 20's this would be good, but otherwise be careful, if you want to look to look younger. Setting sprays are the best!!!!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I wanted to like this. Really bad. I've tried it, given it up, tried it again... and I just never reach for it. I don't like the texture at all. it's SCRATCHY. and i don't find it does anything for me. : (

on 2/5/2013 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have this in #2. Almost forgot about it since I don't use it much. No idea how to use it without getting crepey under my eyes.

Tried patting under my eye, still feels like reverse panda with enhanced wrinkles.

on 12/30/2012 4:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I can see how this might be an awesome product if you don't have super fair skin. But, I do.
I've been using it after I'm done with my foundation and concealer, to set my under eye concealer and brighten that area. It works great for setting, but doesn't brighten at all, which I guess is because my skin is already so white.
SO, if you're pale I wouldn't recommend it...you can use a regular, less expensive powder to set your concealer. If you have olive or darker skin, this might be great for you.
If you're pale and you just love playing around with a million products, have at it. It works very well as an under eye powder. My concealer lasts longer than without it, and my mascara doesn't migrate to below my eye.However, I won't be repurchasing since I'm pretty sure I can get the same results with the MAC powder I use on the rest of my face.

on 7/15/2012 3:09:00 PM

At first I didnt understand the hype when using this product but I have found when using it to set concealer under my eyes it works perfectly! I usually suffer from make up setting in the fine lines underneath my eyes but this stops it from happening completely. I sweep a small amount under my eyes only and then brush a pressed powder over the top and it lasts all day. Has a lovely light texture and although it initially looks scarily white it does blend in to be practically invisible!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Didn't think I'd like this product, but it does make a difference around the eye area and cheekbones...or good as an all over face powder, especially for a date night...waiting till I get paid to buy again!

on 9/24/2011 9:49:00 PM

I felt it emphasized my fine lines and pores more so.