Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

4.3

on 8/5/2017 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Maybe I just got a particularly glitter-y batch but I find the micro-glitter in this product to be excessive and far too visible, drawing attention to my under eyes instead of doing what all good concealing makeup should do and making them blend with the rest of my face for a natural look.

If the micro glitter wasn't there, this would be a great product. It does brighten up the under eye (and then some, see comment re: glitter bonanza), blends fairly well (I use a damp beauty blender to apply) and stays in place with minimal creasing.

The packaging could be better (and feel less cheap) but is functional.

I would not buy this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm somewhat indifferent to the full face version of this but this under eye powder is simply the best thing to happen to my eyes!!! I have extremely bad under eye circles and have used every recommended corrector, concealer, potion, and powder from ludicrously high end to high street and this is without doubt the best. A tiny amount of product covers even my worst dark circles, never looks caked, and never creases. Yes, it is expensive for an under eye powder given so many come in kits already, but nothing compares to this! The only drawback is that so much comes out from one tap of the lid; but given this isn't something to carry on the go and the lid is so secure it's not really an issue. An instant Holy Grail product I already worry what I will do if they EVER discontinue this!

on 5/4/2017 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy grail alert. I have very oily skin and very dark under eye circles. I have tried so many setting powders for my under eyes before but it was always the same, it looks cakey and my concealer would crease no matter how thin the layer of powder is.

Recently I have attended a Laura Mercier makeup workshop in my area so new products were introduced as well as the good old trusted Laura products. I decided to buy this. I am glad I did. This changed my life. My concealer did not crease, didn't look cakey or thick at all. I use a bigger and loose eyeshadow brush in setting it, not the dense one cos I think it would put a white cast and can be patchy.

My undereyes look brighter and smooth. Though this can be quite expensive but you only need a very little amount for each use so I guess this will last for years. I definitely recommend this. I am loving it very very much!!!

I always used "normal" face powders for setting my undereyes. And always the same result: cakey, dry wrinkles and the undereye shadows were visible. Yuck! I'm glad that I found this baby while discovering some of LMs products. My undereyes look less wrinkly and dry. Plus it brightens so good. I took a photo with flash and I could see it creates a white cast and there are some glitter particles visible. But only on photos with flash, so that's ok for me. One more thing though: I put concealer on my eyelids and set it with this powder. However, after I came home from my job, the concealer was completely gone and creased in my eyelid. But I think that's a good sign since my eyelids tends to get oily and my undereyes don't need a drying powder. So that's proof for me that it's a fine powder for dry undereyes. Overall: Pros: - less drying than other powders - brightens up your undereye shadow - a little goes a long way Neutral: - packaging is ok, but you have to be careful or you loose some product all over the floor Cons: -price I recommend this powder to all ladies (and gentlemen) who have to fight with dry, wrinkly, dark undereyes. Give it a try and see the magic happen.

on 11/6/2016 1:02:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I enjoy using this and like the effect that it gives my under eyes, but sometimes it'll just snag at every dry patch and not want to blend properly. The pros definitely outweigh the cons for me though.

on 10/24/2016 4:53:00 PM

I have difficulty preventing my under eyes from creasing and I have heard so many good reviews on this product. I do like the brightening look it gives but no matter what concealer I use, I end up creasing and looking very dry. I wouldn't recommend buying this product if you have that issue as well

on 10/17/2016 10:32:00 AM

I gave into the hype and bought this. I'm a high end cosmetics addict and bought most of the products that were hyped in the last 5 years, like the Cle de Peau concealer, dipbrow from ABH, fix plus, you name it. The thing with these hyped products is that there's no guarantee. Some are great like the hoola bronzer or Becca highlighters, some suck like the YSL Touche Eclat blur perfector and some are 'whatever', like the Cle de Peau concealer(the $ though!). This powder is in the 'whatever' category. It doesn't illuminate anything. It's simply not super mattifying and it has a slight white cast. I don't call that illuminating. I'm NC20, so the white cast doesn't look very stark on me, but if you have medium to dark skin, I would imagine it would look weird. I don't like the powder I use under my eyes to be white, because I use a salmon concealer and this is defeating the purpose of using a salmon color, since after i use the powder on top of it, it looks white-ish. Also, my concealer still creases and my eye area looks dry. There's nothing at all special about this powder, first ingredient is talc anyway. Absolutely nothing. You can replace it with any loose powder, especially if it has a bit of reflective propreties. I personally use a peach coloured powder from Givenchy that's very finely milled and keeps my concealer color salmony and it works great. I'll try to use this on my face instead, so it's not totally wasted.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I'm not entirely sure why I ever bought this, but it sat around in a drawer for a long time before I decided to start using up a lot of my unused products. I didn't notice much difference from using this just under my eyes - it's not something I need, apparently, and maybe that's why I never bothered with it. I figured I'd try using it as a setting powder for my foundation just to use it up, and I actually really like it. It's very finely-milled with a very subtle shimmery glow that gives me that "lit from within" look while also making my skin look smoother and more flawless than usual (and my skin's not flawless). It's not too intense but also not super subtle and it may not be for everyone and not for every day, but I do love the look.

on 3/17/2016 1:57:00 PM

I really like this powder, it does what it claims. I do notice a slight brightening effect under my eyes (I also use Becca's under eye brightening cream). It doesn't crease my concealer and overall I'm satisfied with this product. It is a relatively small jar but a little goes a long way. I haven't tried it out with flash photography yet but rumor has it, it does give off a white cast. I would repurchase :)

on 1/29/2016 11:34:00 PM

I like to use this powder to set my under eye area and brighten it up for that awake effect. It does cast a white powdery look in flash photography tho, so I'd be careful. Its very soft and finely milled. No scent to this product.