Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

4.6

on 3/29/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Laura Mercier where have you been all my life?! (Lurking in John Lewis that's where) this product was recommended to me by a kind soul at Clinique in boots after I'd completed a full lap of the makeup counters and come up empty handed.

I was looking for a translucent powder that I could use over my liquid highlighter to stop my mascara smudging on it under my eyes, but one that would not spoil the effect of wearing a highlighter in the first place, what a conundrum!

This works perfectly, it's a very fine loose powder that looks quite sparkly on first inspection but tones down after you apply it, it sets your highlighter or concealer without 'covering' it and is moisturising so it doesn't dry out your eye area.

*TIP after you dip your brush in the powder tap most of it off back into the pot to get rid of excess- you only need a tiny amount, also make sure you use a light touch but do buff in well with a soft, fluffy brush.
Xx

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Didn't think I'd like this product, but it does make a difference around the eye area and cheekbones...or good as an all over face powder, especially for a date night...waiting till I get paid to buy again!

on 6/21/2010 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I apply it over my cle de peau concealer, and it just completely brightens up my face. It makes me look like i'm well rested and basically brings my look together. I'm a little more olive, so I use #2 which I guess has more "gold" in it than "silver". Overall I love this product! I don't even really have dark circles or anything like that, but when used with a good concealer it really gives you a fresh, put together look.

on 5/31/2009 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in shade #2. It is not so white but a little ivory. I not only use this to set my foundation under my eyes, but I also use it all over my eyelid and inner corner. I found that this really helps keep my eyeshadow in place.

The only thing that gets on my nerves is the packaging. The sifter holes are too big. There is powder everywhere. The other thing that drives me nuts is the lid. It has a slight curve to it. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I have very little space, and I like to stack stuff. Well you can't stack anything on top of this.

Overall I like this bur I am not sure if I would repurchase because there is a lot of product and it will take me forever to run out..

on 8/11/2007 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use this everyday because it keeps my mascara from bleeding. It does'nt really do much in brightening for me but I will continue to use because it keeps me from having racoon eyes.

update: I still adore this but I was concerned about how much product was being wasted due to the shape of the bottle..places the little wand cant reach. So I was turned onto "Shadow Insurance" by Too Faced and I must say it works EXACTLY THE SAME as primer potion when it comes to keeping oilies at bay. It comes in a tube so you can get out every last drop. The only reason I switched from primer potion is because I was tired of wasting product, not because of the performance of if.
Go to sephora and ask for a sample. The little sample they gave me has lasted more than a week with every day use and I still have about another two weeks of it left.