Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

3.8

on 5/4/2017 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy grail alert. I have very oily skin and very dark under eye circles. I have tried so many setting powders for my under eyes before but it was always the same, it looks cakey and my concealer would crease no matter how thin the layer of powder is.

Recently I have attended a Laura Mercier makeup workshop in my area so new products were introduced as well as the good old trusted Laura products. I decided to buy this. I am glad I did. This changed my life. My concealer did not crease, didn't look cakey or thick at all. I use a bigger and loose eyeshadow brush in setting it, not the dense one cos I think it would put a white cast and can be patchy.

My undereyes look brighter and smooth. Though this can be quite expensive but you only need a very little amount for each use so I guess this will last for years. I definitely recommend this. I am loving it very very much!!!

on 1/30/2016 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product does not work for me.
I used it under my eyes to set my concealer, however, i do not like it.
It said it is a secret brightening powder, it does not brightening for sure!!!
Plus it does not set your concealer well, this product is just a huge turndown for me.

on 2/10/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been through about 3 pots of this product, almost done with my 4th, and I have a backup sitting in my makeup drawer right now. I used to love the Benefit Powderflage, but since it was D/Ced, I have found this to be the next best option. I am not really sure what it is about this partiular powder that works so much better than all of the other siliconey powders I have tried, perhaps it is the pure white tone of #1 (they do sell a #2, for darker skintones). I wear a lot of concealer under my eyes, and this prevents creasing 100% without making my fine lines look dry or extra exaggerated. You really only need a little bit of this to set concealer for all day wear, I really do love it except for one thing...

The shimmer! I am not sure how people do not notice it, but I definitely do in direct, natural, sunlight. Even my SO pointed out that my undereye area was "sparkly." I dab my brush into the pot, and tap tap tap tap tap, so it is not as though I am packing it on. I suppose I will just have to live with this draw-back for now, though if I could find a product without the shimmer and just as good as this I would drop this one in a heart beat. Still, I continue to use it, until I can find something better (I have tried many products and nothing seems to work as well as this).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I frickin love this product! This is my new powder to set my under eyes with! It doesn't leave a white cast and doesn't crease or settle into fine lines. I apply this with either a damp beauty blender or a fluffy brush, like a mac 224. Definitely would repurchase!

Edit (9/24/13):
I use this over Mac's pro longwear concealer. I apply with a real techniques setting brush. No matter what foundation shade I'm in, this goes perfectly with whatever color I am. Definitely would still repurchase!!

1/30/15: I finally finished the pot!! Bought second one already. This is my HG setting powder for under eye concealer.

on 5/11/2012 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Although, this is a bit pricey, I will definitely buy it again! I use it under my eyes and down the center of my nose and it gives such a subtle healthy glow. Stays on my face all day and doesnt settle into fine lines or look chalky. I had used another Brightening powder from Target but this one is so much better and worth every penny!

on 9/23/2011 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I returned it got my money back....just bad

on 8/2/2011 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just used this on my eyes after putting on concealer and noticed that it causes my eye area to look more dried out, and it also emphasized fine lines. I'll be returning it.

on 6/25/2011 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Nice setting powder that adds a bit of brightness to the complexion. My only complaint is the size of the container- it is too small for the very finely textured powder, which tends to go all over the place when opened. Also, don't breathe in while applying- when inhaled it is quite painful!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

When I first bought this I was disappointed because it didn't work any better than my NARS loose powder. However, I noticed that when taking pictures, it makes my dark circles completely disappear. So I guess this is great if you take lots of pics and want to brighten up your eye area in photographs. Forget about real life, any good loose powder will do the same job.

on 11/9/2008 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really does work on undereye circles! I was shown this at a LM counter demo and bought it. A very little goes a long, long ways, so the price is worth it. I use it over LM concealer and the effect is great. It's not shimmery or glittery on the skin at all and really brightens up the undereye area.