Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone age: 30-35
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2Secret Brightening Powder

3.3

on 1/17/2013 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It is good and stays long but after using for a week I developed some dry rash. It made my skin very dry and itchy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just bought my 3rd one of the #2 powder. I don't think I can use anything else to set my under eye concealer. The sifter is tricky because it dispenses a whole lot of product when you only need a teeny bit. To apply, I use a fluffy brush to pat it on and then sweep off any excess to avoid it from settling in my fine lines.
It definitely does brighten the eye area and doesn't flash back stark white in photos. The price is fair because one jar will last for about a year with everyday use. Totally worth it, IMO.

I bought this to complement the secret concealer by LM. This definitely helps set the concealer, brightening up the dull under eye area and keeps my eyeliner from smudging. But it is pricy for the amount you get... and the packaging is not travel friendly. As for the application, here is my trick. Turn the jar upside down once, tap the lid to let the powder fall back into the jar. Open the lid, there will be a thin layer of powder remain on the lid, that's what you need for an application. I usually just use my figure for fast application. Press the figure on the jar lid to get the powder, then wipe the figure a few times on the back of the hand to remove the extra amount. Gently press the powder onto the undereye area, starting from the location with fewer fine lines, in my case the outer corner of the eyes. This will prevent you caking too much powder into the fine lines.

on 12/22/2010 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't know if I don't get it or if this just don't suit me...? If I put it lightly over my face or cheekbones I look sparkling/glittery...and if i put it around my eyes/under eyes it does not hide more than a light concealer + shadow.... I don't know if I use it in the wrong way, but this is nothing special....

Beside all this I don't like glitter in my face cause it easely looks "too much" on acne-prone skin... I "light reflecting" concealer is something else, but this contains glitter/sparkle...

The price is also very high.

So until I really learn how to use this or if it suits me, i won't repurchase...

on 9/10/2009 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I'm a dark-skinned African-American, and I use the Secret Brightening Powder #2 interchangeably with LM's Transulcent Setting Powder. They are absolutely amazing for setting makeup and giving a subtle luminous glow to my skin.

The powder is incredibly finely milled, and soft as a kitten, so it glides smoothly over my face and never looks cakey. I much prefer using a translucent powder (like Secret Brightening) instead of a colored one, because I feel that the color builds up quickly on dark skin and begins to look unnatural. The Laura Mercier powders do the job perfectly without making me look like I have a face full of makeup.

The price is great, and the jar is the perfect size. I think I've repurchased this 5 or 6 times, since I use it all over my face. Best powder I've ever used.

Very nice. Definitely brightened up my undereye circles. I was very impressed by how much difference it made, even when I was already wearing concealer. I think almost every woman could benefit by adding this to their makeup routine.