Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

4.3

on 8/25/2015 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It does not brighten the under eye area at all, it does an OK job at setting concealer but can sink into fine lines.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

My HG!

I use this powder to set the various under eye concealers I use and this powder is just perfect! I never have any creasing, white flashback in photos when I use this. I was originally put off by the powder being white because I didn't want it to look ashy; but this powder is just perfect.

The product itself is a finely milled powder, almost like a sifted flour texture, it is very airy and light. It is white with a light sheen/glimmer to it. Once I blend out my concealer I apply this using my damp BB or my pointed Sigma Sigmax brush. I already use the GA orange corrector for my under eye area then conceal but I still want that something extra and this is just what I needed. I like the way this looks better during daytime then using banana colored powders it looks more natural. My under eye make up lasts forever once I set it with this. I also skip my corrector and my concealer will cast a dark shadow under my eye and this helps diffuse that perfectly!

I paid $24 and got 0.14 OZ. it might seem small but I have had mine since Sept.2014 and with daily use I still have a ton of product left. I highly suggest this powder, Its a must have in my book!

Seriously this product is god sent! Magic!! Naturally Brightens any area I sweep across!!

on 1/21/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This is the makeup equivalent of an instagram filter. I put the tiniest amount on a fluffy powder brush, sweep across my under eyes, cheekbones and forehead and it seriously makes you glow. Sometimes I even put it all over my face, though it's probably best to leave that for night time as it is a teensy bit shimmery in the sunlight (doesn't bother me personally). I've never used a setting powder that perfects my foundation so well. Even when I haven't slept, and my face really shows it, it works as a pick me up (admittedly not as well but well enough). I have actually tried using baby powder (it looked ashy and yuck on me), chanels translucent powder , and e.l.fs HD powder (which is a great, cheap dupe for this), but LMs is my HG. The packaging is a little annoying; spill-y and finicky, and the price is ok. It could be cheaper, but I wish everything was cheaper. I believe it's worth the price, one pot lasts me forever and I am a pretty heavy makeup user. It also does not break my whingey acne-prone skin out.

on 1/15/2014 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is the finest powder I have ever felt. It's amazing. Now I know why my under eye area was looking a little too powdery - because I wasn't using this.
It is a fine fine fine translucent powder, which has a slight shimmer. Sets your concealer and brightens your eye area.
There's not much else to say about this powder, it's just great!

on 8/23/2013 2:02:00 AM

Love love love! So fine, a little goes a long way. I use it to set my undereye concealer. Won't be purchasing anything else!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

So far, this is one of the best powders I've tried for setting my concealer. I'm nc42 and use it in shade #2. It's finely milled and has very very fine shimmers that give a slight glow. The only way I can see the shimmer is in direct sunlight, and even then it is very faint, doesn't look like shimmer unless you look very closely. I don't notice a whole lotta brightening compared to a regular setting powder, it's a subtle effect. Overall the powder gets the job done and keeps my concealer in place. I will repurchase if I don't find something better. I've been using it for 4 months so far and still have a lot left so it will be a while before I'll need to search for something else.

on 1/17/2013 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It is good and stays long but after using for a week I developed some dry rash. It made my skin very dry and itchy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just bought my 3rd one of the #2 powder. I don't think I can use anything else to set my under eye concealer. The sifter is tricky because it dispenses a whole lot of product when you only need a teeny bit. To apply, I use a fluffy brush to pat it on and then sweep off any excess to avoid it from settling in my fine lines.
It definitely does brighten the eye area and doesn't flash back stark white in photos. The price is fair because one jar will last for about a year with everyday use. Totally worth it, IMO.

I bought this to complement the secret concealer by LM. This definitely helps set the concealer, brightening up the dull under eye area and keeps my eyeliner from smudging. But it is pricy for the amount you get... and the packaging is not travel friendly. As for the application, here is my trick. Turn the jar upside down once, tap the lid to let the powder fall back into the jar. Open the lid, there will be a thin layer of powder remain on the lid, that's what you need for an application. I usually just use my figure for fast application. Press the figure on the jar lid to get the powder, then wipe the figure a few times on the back of the hand to remove the extra amount. Gently press the powder onto the undereye area, starting from the location with fewer fine lines, in my case the outer corner of the eyes. This will prevent you caking too much powder into the fine lines.