Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

4.1

I always used "normal" face powders for setting my undereyes. And always the same result: cakey, dry wrinkles and the undereye shadows were visible. Yuck! I'm glad that I found this baby while discovering some of LMs products. My undereyes look less wrinkly and dry. Plus it brightens so good. I took a photo with flash and I could see it creates a white cast and there are some glitter particles visible. But only on photos with flash, so that's ok for me. One more thing though: I put concealer on my eyelids and set it with this powder. However, after I came home from my job, the concealer was completely gone and creased in my eyelid. But I think that's a good sign since my eyelids tends to get oily and my undereyes don't need a drying powder. So that's proof for me that it's a fine powder for dry undereyes. Overall: Pros: - less drying than other powders - brightens up your undereye shadow - a little goes a long way Neutral: - packaging is ok, but you have to be careful or you loose some product all over the floor Cons: -price I recommend this powder to all ladies (and gentlemen) who have to fight with dry, wrinkly, dark undereyes. Give it a try and see the magic happen.

on 11/6/2016 1:02:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I enjoy using this and like the effect that it gives my under eyes, but sometimes it'll just snag at every dry patch and not want to blend properly. The pros definitely outweigh the cons for me though.

After reading many glowing reviews for this under eye powder, I gave in and purchased it. I cannot live without this product now. It is like magic fairy dust for your under eyes!

I use this with either NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer or Urban Decay Naked concealer. The UD one I find very cakey & dry and this powder works wonders to set it and make it look smooth & awake! The powder is white with shimmers in it but it doesn't make your under eye area look sparkly thankfully. I use the Real Techniques Setting brush to gently sweep a small amount of this after concealer. It goes on very smooth, brightens the eye area, doesn't settle into creases and lasts all day long.

Overall, I cannot rave about this powder enough. It has absolutely changed my under eye routine. It is pricey but you get a good sized pot and you only need a small amount. I highly recommend this powder and will definitely be re purchasing it.

on 10/30/2016 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my HG powder for setting undereye concealer. Perfect for anyone with very deep set eyes (and undereye area).

Pros: Finely milled, super brightening and has amazing light reflective particles that make your undereye area look fresh and flawless. Because it is so brightening it's perfect to optically bring forward any areas that are sunken in. It's pricey and the jar is small but, because you need very little product per use, will last you for ever (for me it's been over 6 months). Once your concealer is set with this, you can literally sleep in it and when you wake up your undereyes will still be flawless (shame to admit, but I've been there and done that).

Cons: I can't honestly think of any other than you just need to know how to use it. It is super brightening so if you use it on its own or you don't colour correct or conceal the darkness first, it will just make you look ashy. It has simply not been designed to be used that way. You may also find that unless you have very deep set eyes where the undereye area is a bit sunken in and extreme dark circles (like I do), you may just not need this type of product at all.

on 10/24/2016 4:53:00 PM

I have difficulty preventing my under eyes from creasing and I have heard so many good reviews on this product. I do like the brightening look it gives but no matter what concealer I use, I end up creasing and looking very dry. I wouldn't recommend buying this product if you have that issue as well

on 10/17/2016 10:32:00 AM

I gave into the hype and bought this. I'm a high end cosmetics addict and bought most of the products that were hyped in the last 5 years, like the Cle de Peau concealer, dipbrow from ABH, fix plus, you name it. The thing with these hyped products is that there's no guarantee. Some are great like the hoola bronzer or Becca highlighters, some suck like the YSL Touche Eclat blur perfector and some are 'whatever', like the Cle de Peau concealer(the $ though!). This powder is in the 'whatever' category. It doesn't illuminate anything. It's simply not super mattifying and it has a slight white cast. I don't call that illuminating. I'm NC20, so the white cast doesn't look very stark on me, but if you have medium to dark skin, I would imagine it would look weird. I don't like the powder I use under my eyes to be white, because I use a salmon concealer and this is defeating the purpose of using a salmon color, since after i use the powder on top of it, it looks white-ish. Also, my concealer still creases and my eye area looks dry. There's nothing at all special about this powder, first ingredient is talc anyway. Absolutely nothing. You can replace it with any loose powder, especially if it has a bit of reflective propreties. I personally use a peach coloured powder from Givenchy that's very finely milled and keeps my concealer color salmony and it works great. I'll try to use this on my face instead, so it's not totally wasted.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I'm not entirely sure why I ever bought this, but it sat around in a drawer for a long time before I decided to start using up a lot of my unused products. I didn't notice much difference from using this just under my eyes - it's not something I need, apparently, and maybe that's why I never bothered with it. I figured I'd try using it as a setting powder for my foundation just to use it up, and I actually really like it. It's very finely-milled with a very subtle shimmery glow that gives me that "lit from within" look while also making my skin look smoother and more flawless than usual (and my skin's not flawless). It's not too intense but also not super subtle and it may not be for everyone and not for every day, but I do love the look.

on 3/17/2016 1:57:00 PM

I really like this powder, it does what it claims. I do notice a slight brightening effect under my eyes (I also use Becca's under eye brightening cream). It doesn't crease my concealer and overall I'm satisfied with this product. It is a relatively small jar but a little goes a long way. I haven't tried it out with flash photography yet but rumor has it, it does give off a white cast. I would repurchase :)

For the price of this product and the small amount I expected something better. I felt that it didn't stop my undereyes from creasing at all and added no brightening effect whatsoever. I much prefer the bare minerals translucent powder. You get a lot more for less money and it sets my undereye soooo much better than this powder.

on 1/29/2016 11:34:00 PM

I like to use this powder to set my under eye area and brighten it up for that awake effect. It does cast a white powdery look in flash photography tho, so I'd be careful. Its very soft and finely milled. No scent to this product.