Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by skin type : Other age: 44-55
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2Secret Brightening Powder

1 review

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have to admit I was forced to eat crow regarding Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder. Having never tried it, I assumed it was a shimmery loose powder and could not imagine that looking good under the eye area. Then I actually *tried* it. This is a loose powder that comes in a mini shaker container and is for the purpose of *setting* ones concealer. Obviously it is advertied to be applied over Mercier's cream concealer's and brightening pen. This product is pure magic. It does indeed have a bit of shimmer to it; however, once applied the shimmer is little to not noticable at all. I use it with the recommended LM brush (wide, flat, stiff). And thru trial and error I learned that a little amount (very little) does the trick and what I end up with is smooth, crease-free finish, dark circles hidden (I use Bobbi Brown Correcteur). After all of this, I still was not convinced so I measured its flawless finish under one eye against her translucent loose powder, bobbi brown loose powder too. Lines, lines, lines under this eye. Dry, dehydrated appearance juxtapositioned next to the clean, smooth canvas on other. This has become a must have product for me as it also allows me to look great on no makeup days save for concealer and this powder. It is expensive but let me tell you, this will last a very long time given that it is intended to be used very sparingly. I have had the same container for 8 months and I still have plenty left. I am porcelain ppp and use Intensity 1 out of the 2 shades offered. I am highly recommending this product for many reasons but the main is how it absolutely allows me to look pulled together on days I am in a rush. Correcteur, brightening powder, lipstick, brows and I am off and running. Give this product a chance and don't pack it on. I think you will be sold on it too.