Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by skin type : Other age: 30-35
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2Secret Brightening Powder

3.8

Oof the price on this is steep considering the size of that tiny jar (compared to the whopping full size of the translucent powder). But this stuff is just perfect as a setting powder under the eyes.

I own LM's translucent setting powder and using that to bake left me looking cake-y and too matte. The creasing was significant and gave me 100 year old eyes (no offense to the lovely centenarians out there!). This powder has just enough light reflecting particles that it brightens and doesn't look cake-y (to be fair the SA at Sephora told me not to get the translucent powder but I didn't listen; don't make the same mistake!).

The secret to using this to bake & set under the eyes is too use a beauty blender type sponge to apply, carefully rolling and pressing this powder in. Let sit and then brush away with a powder brush. I use this with YSL All Hours concealer and foundation and it looks incredibly flawless and natural and even hours of wear, there's no creasing.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Way too expensive for what it is!!!4 grammes of low quality talc for 30 us dollars come on!!
Laura Mercier is a brand I wanted to like cause the creator is a French woman like me
Unfortunately I m not thrilled at by her products
The powder is very fine but unfortunately it's very drying and make the under eye wrinkly
The formula contains too much parabens for something who is supposed to be applied on the fragile under eye zone
If you want a talc and silica based formula to set your concealer go for the rcma no color powder
So much superior in every aspect

on 6/2/2011 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

WHOA. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I find this powder very sparkly on me. I'm only using just a slight film from the lid and it still looks like I have eyeshadow fallout under my eyes. I have tried this with 3 diff brushes at this point and nothing works. Perhaps it is just showing up very shimmery on my complexion? Don't know, but I really wish I can get this to work because I have bad undereye darkness. If I can't figure it out, I'll be returning it unfortunately.

EDIT 7/6/11: Thank goodness I kept at it and now this works for me! And I don't know why it works now and didn't before because I didn't change brush, technique or amount but it does look beautiful. I now feel like I can't live without this for work. It sets my concealer perfectly and I get about 10 hours wear. Changing from 2 to 4 stars. Will repurchase for sure!

Okay, this product has changed my life. I have REALLY sensitive eyes and they cannot tolerate anything with shimmer. I also have really dark circles that make me look tired and age me. Regular concealor has never really cut it for me. I currently use a concealor made by Senna. Anyway, I had received a free gift from Saks and a small container of this powder was one of the products inside. I held onto it, but never intended to use it since I know how my eyes react to shimmer.

Well, this weekend, I couldn't stand the circles anymore and needed to do something. I dabbed my concealor under my eyes and then took my concealor brush, dipped it lightly into the brightening powder and used that combination to spread my concealor under my eyes. I didn't react right away and a few hours later, there was still no itching or burning. The combination of my concealor and the powder was perfect. It did not cake at all (I really only used a TINY amount) and it looked totally natural. My circles looked SOOOOOOOOOOO much better. I will keep using this FOREVER. It also comes in a pen in liquid form which I would also like to try. This is huge for me considering I feel that up until now there has really been no way to remedy the horrible dark circles. This is a HG product for me.