Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by skin type : Other
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

on 6/5/2018 11:56:00 PM

A pot of this lasts me literally years and I use it every day to set my concealer. On my pale skin it is invisible and it does a great job of preventing under eye concealer creases. I have rebought this probably 5 times and it is a staple in my makeup routine.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Way too expensive for what it is!!!4 grammes of low quality talc for 30 us dollars come on!!
Laura Mercier is a brand I wanted to like cause the creator is a French woman like me
Unfortunately I m not thrilled at by her products
The powder is very fine but unfortunately it's very drying and make the under eye wrinkly
The formula contains too much parabens for something who is supposed to be applied on the fragile under eye zone
If you want a talc and silica based formula to set your concealer go for the rcma no color powder
So much superior in every aspect

on 12/4/2015 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

What is more recommended, the Secret brightening powder or Translucent loose setting powder? I'm not sure which one to purchase. I feel that if I purchase the secret brighting it will show a lot on pictures. Please give me advice!

on 9/29/2013 4:29:00 AM

This stuff is magic. I have large, dark hereditary bags under my eyes but as I sweep this powder on, I watch the bags disappear before my eyes. I use it on a big brush under my eyes all the way down to the top of my cheeks. It blends in the dark and discolored part of my eyes making my skin look smoother. The subtle shimmer isn't too glittery and really brightens up my whole face. Normally, I find that powders look cakey on me but this powder is so light and fine that I don't even feel it on. The powder lasts forever, but when I run out I'll be buying this again and again.

on 6/2/2011 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

WHOA. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I find this powder very sparkly on me. I'm only using just a slight film from the lid and it still looks like I have eyeshadow fallout under my eyes. I have tried this with 3 diff brushes at this point and nothing works. Perhaps it is just showing up very shimmery on my complexion? Don't know, but I really wish I can get this to work because I have bad undereye darkness. If I can't figure it out, I'll be returning it unfortunately.

EDIT 7/6/11: Thank goodness I kept at it and now this works for me! And I don't know why it works now and didn't before because I didn't change brush, technique or amount but it does look beautiful. I now feel like I can't live without this for work. It sets my concealer perfectly and I get about 10 hours wear. Changing from 2 to 4 stars. Will repurchase for sure!

on 3/9/2009 10:44:00 AM

This is hands down the best powder to set concealer with under the eyes.
Its so fine but it makes such a difference. It brightens and for me reduces the darkness and best of all you can't see its there! I got the brush that they use it with and it's perfect. It's expensive but you get so much product and you only need a tiny bit, one dip of the brush is enough for both eyes. I use this every day and I know it will last for ages.

on 1/12/2009 5:06:00 PM

I tried this before I ended up finding the LM translucent powder. It wasn't until I started to see pictures of myself that I realized how unnatural and white the area around my eyes was looking. It was this powder! I am about an NC30 skintone, so I'm not that dark. Maybe I should have chosen #2, but in the end I decided to stop using this and switch to a basic translucent powder. Works much better.

Okay, this product has changed my life. I have REALLY sensitive eyes and they cannot tolerate anything with shimmer. I also have really dark circles that make me look tired and age me. Regular concealor has never really cut it for me. I currently use a concealor made by Senna. Anyway, I had received a free gift from Saks and a small container of this powder was one of the products inside. I held onto it, but never intended to use it since I know how my eyes react to shimmer.

Well, this weekend, I couldn't stand the circles anymore and needed to do something. I dabbed my concealor under my eyes and then took my concealor brush, dipped it lightly into the brightening powder and used that combination to spread my concealor under my eyes. I didn't react right away and a few hours later, there was still no itching or burning. The combination of my concealor and the powder was perfect. It did not cake at all (I really only used a TINY amount) and it looked totally natural. My circles looked SOOOOOOOOOOO much better. I will keep using this FOREVER. It also comes in a pen in liquid form which I would also like to try. This is huge for me considering I feel that up until now there has really been no way to remedy the horrible dark circles. This is a HG product for me.

on 12/11/2007 1:59:00 AM

I bought this in #2 during FF 2007 to go with my new MUFE Lift concealer. I purchased it solely based on the reviews here. It seems to be very finely milled and not sparkly or anything unpleasant. I'll have to use it different ways because I don't think I can justify the price by only using a small amount for under my eyes.

on 11/3/2007 1:16:00 PM

This is so sparkly that all it does is highlight your dark circles! I don't understand how this is useful unless you don't really have dark circles and just need a bit of umpfh.