Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Other age: 30-35
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2Secret Brightening Powder

4.5

Oof the price on this is steep considering the size of that tiny jar (compared to the whopping full size of the translucent powder). But this stuff is just perfect as a setting powder under the eyes.

I own LM's translucent setting powder and using that to bake left me looking cake-y and too matte. The creasing was significant and gave me 100 year old eyes (no offense to the lovely centenarians out there!). This powder has just enough light reflecting particles that it brightens and doesn't look cake-y (to be fair the SA at Sephora told me not to get the translucent powder but I didn't listen; don't make the same mistake!).

The secret to using this to bake & set under the eyes is too use a beauty blender type sponge to apply, carefully rolling and pressing this powder in. Let sit and then brush away with a powder brush. I use this with YSL All Hours concealer and foundation and it looks incredibly flawless and natural and even hours of wear, there's no creasing.

on 12/23/2007 1:20:00 AM

I received this in a swap after reading the great reviews about this product, and I have this in 01...I am NC 30, and find 01 works well w/ my skintone, but perhaps 02 would work better...who knows as 01 works great for now. I have med-dark under eye circles and usually use 2 concealing products to hide my circles...I 1st use MAC Full Coverage foundation in NW25 and then I apply my EL DW Concealer in Med over that...after I let my EL DW concealer set for a minute, I lightly buff my LM Secret Brightening Powder over it. The results are amazing! My dark circles are hidden, and my under eye area looks awake and naturally bright. The results last all day w/ no apparent creasing or drying...this product is truly amazing as it did not settle into any lines, unlike past products I have tried to set my concealer with. I like the sifter jar packaging as it reminds me of my BE days. I dip my brush in the product, swirl it in the lid of the jar, and tap off the excess, then buff it over my concealer. I took off one lippie as it wouldbe great if it had a SPF of somesort in it, but that's ok, as I like this product so much I will keep using it regardless...will I purchase it when I run out? Yes!