Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

3.4

on 9/29/2013 4:29:00 AM

This stuff is magic. I have large, dark hereditary bags under my eyes but as I sweep this powder on, I watch the bags disappear before my eyes. I use it on a big brush under my eyes all the way down to the top of my cheeks. It blends in the dark and discolored part of my eyes making my skin look smoother. The subtle shimmer isn't too glittery and really brightens up my whole face. Normally, I find that powders look cakey on me but this powder is so light and fine that I don't even feel it on. The powder lasts forever, but when I run out I'll be buying this again and again.

I really love this powder to set my concealer. I hate that they don't sell #2 at Sephora now and I have to go really out of my way to buy it at Nordstrom now. I've tried #1 and I currently have it and it also sets my concealer beautifully. However, it can kinda give a weird reverse raccoon look in pictures if you are heavy-handed with it. Even though it is expensive, a little goes a long way and it will last you forever. I've had mine for six months and I not even half way through.

on 1/12/2009 5:06:00 PM

I tried this before I ended up finding the LM translucent powder. It wasn't until I started to see pictures of myself that I realized how unnatural and white the area around my eyes was looking. It was this powder! I am about an NC30 skintone, so I'm not that dark. Maybe I should have chosen #2, but in the end I decided to stop using this and switch to a basic translucent powder. Works much better.

on 1/9/2008 10:08:00 AM

I am constantly on a search for any product that will improve my hideous dark circles, which seem to remain impervious to all my physical and cosmetic attempts to reduce them (i.e. more sleep, drinking more water, concealer). The reviews on this product led me to the LM section at Sephora, where i looked skeptically at the white powder, which, when brushed under my eyes with a qtip, seemed to do nothing at all. Nonetheless, I thought I'd give it a try, figuring I could return if necessary. I've been using it for two weeks now, and I am extremely impressed. It brightens and lightens the area without looking unnatural or ghostly at all on my med-dark skin (NC40, and I bought the LM SBP #2), and it also sets my concealer (right now I am using my sadly d/c'ed Shiseido optimal concealer, with BB corrector in light bisque underneath). I have noticed that it does take a little bit of work to remove at night, and if you're not careful, you'll wake up with a shimmery face, but that's a minor annoyance. I apply it with an angled crease brush that I got in an EoB set a few months ago - it's perfect for the undereye area/sides of nose, which is where I apply it. The sifter jar can also be a little annoying to work with, so i usually gently shake it upside down with the lid still on, and then work with the small amt of powder in the lid when I unscrew it. For anyone struggling w/dark circles, this is definitely worth a shot!

on 12/23/2007 1:20:00 AM

I received this in a swap after reading the great reviews about this product, and I have this in 01...I am NC 30, and find 01 works well w/ my skintone, but perhaps 02 would work better...who knows as 01 works great for now. I have med-dark under eye circles and usually use 2 concealing products to hide my circles...I 1st use MAC Full Coverage foundation in NW25 and then I apply my EL DW Concealer in Med over that...after I let my EL DW concealer set for a minute, I lightly buff my LM Secret Brightening Powder over it. The results are amazing! My dark circles are hidden, and my under eye area looks awake and naturally bright. The results last all day w/ no apparent creasing or drying...this product is truly amazing as it did not settle into any lines, unlike past products I have tried to set my concealer with. I like the sifter jar packaging as it reminds me of my BE days. I dip my brush in the product, swirl it in the lid of the jar, and tap off the excess, then buff it over my concealer. I took off one lippie as it wouldbe great if it had a SPF of somesort in it, but that's ok, as I like this product so much I will keep using it regardless...will I purchase it when I run out? Yes!

on 12/11/2007 1:59:00 AM

I bought this in #2 during FF 2007 to go with my new MUFE Lift concealer. I purchased it solely based on the reviews here. It seems to be very finely milled and not sparkly or anything unpleasant. I'll have to use it different ways because I don't think I can justify the price by only using a small amount for under my eyes.

on 11/3/2007 1:16:00 PM

This is so sparkly that all it does is highlight your dark circles! I don't understand how this is useful unless you don't really have dark circles and just need a bit of umpfh.

not a miracle product but does help diffuse without being so obvious. have used various loose powders from bb to lm transluscent to becca to set undereye concealer (in this case ka sse), and this is easily the best. i have really bad hereditary circles so it doesn't wipe them out and i do feel a slight urge to pile some dual foundation powder on top but it's the best i've tried. glad i read about this one here.

on 1/23/2006 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Eep. I hate to be the voice of doom. I don't see anything very special about this product. I normally use mineral makeup with a lip brush to concentrate the makeup as concealer under my eyes, which works great. I applied the LM SBP on top, and I really didn't see any difference at all. It blends nicely and is almost creamy, yes, but it morphs into almost nothing and does not justify the lofty price tag, IMHO.