Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

4.2

on 5/4/2017 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy grail alert. I have very oily skin and very dark under eye circles. I have tried so many setting powders for my under eyes before but it was always the same, it looks cakey and my concealer would crease no matter how thin the layer of powder is.

Recently I have attended a Laura Mercier makeup workshop in my area so new products were introduced as well as the good old trusted Laura products. I decided to buy this. I am glad I did. This changed my life. My concealer did not crease, didn't look cakey or thick at all. I use a bigger and loose eyeshadow brush in setting it, not the dense one cos I think it would put a white cast and can be patchy.

My undereyes look brighter and smooth. Though this can be quite expensive but you only need a very little amount for each use so I guess this will last for years. I definitely recommend this. I am loving it very very much!!!

on 6/10/2016 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This product is simply amazing! I was traumatized when Benefit got rid of their powderflauge and I was in need of a replacement fast. Based on the reviews here I decided to buy this product and I have never looked back! It doesn't settle into fine lines, it brightens under my eyes and it locks in my eyeliner and bottom mascara so it doesn't run in the summer. I recommend this product to anyone and everyone no matter your skin type or age. Seriously, don't walk, run to the nearest store and buy this ASAP! Holy grail for sure, it will change your life!

on 1/29/2016 11:34:00 PM

I like to use this powder to set my under eye area and brighten it up for that awake effect. It does cast a white powdery look in flash photography tho, so I'd be careful. Its very soft and finely milled. No scent to this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

My HG!

I use this powder to set the various under eye concealers I use and this powder is just perfect! I never have any creasing, white flashback in photos when I use this. I was originally put off by the powder being white because I didn't want it to look ashy; but this powder is just perfect.

The product itself is a finely milled powder, almost like a sifted flour texture, it is very airy and light. It is white with a light sheen/glimmer to it. Once I blend out my concealer I apply this using my damp BB or my pointed Sigma Sigmax brush. I already use the GA orange corrector for my under eye area then conceal but I still want that something extra and this is just what I needed. I like the way this looks better during daytime then using banana colored powders it looks more natural. My under eye make up lasts forever once I set it with this. I also skip my corrector and my concealer will cast a dark shadow under my eye and this helps diffuse that perfectly!

I paid $24 and got 0.14 OZ. it might seem small but I have had mine since Sept.2014 and with daily use I still have a ton of product left. I highly suggest this powder, Its a must have in my book!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is one of my all time favorite makeup products. If you love under eye brightening then you will die over this.

Laura Mercier makes a partner product with this which is the secret under eye brightening pen.

The idea is that you use the pen first, which is clickable - which then disperses product onto a brush applicator. I will do a separate review on this, but basically I'm not the hugest fan. I hate those applicators, I think they eat product - but you can read my full review on that product elsewhere.

The brightening powder is unlike any other. If you LOVE the under eye brightening you see on the red carpet and in photo shoots, I gauruntee this is the product the MUA is using. It photographs beautifully and just looks amazing.

It's a loose powder, so tricky packaging. I'm not sure what it is about the packaging, but my lid never sits tight enough so I know I've lost product from that - also be careful about laying it on it's side, I definitely get fallout on the rest of my product. Saying this, the longevity of this product is AMAZING! I've easily had mine for a year and a half, use it about 2-3 times a week, and I still have so much left over. I predict I'll need to purchase a new one in maybe 6 more months. So 2 years lifespan on a product is amazing!! The price - whatever it is, I don't remember is totally worth it.

I recommend this product to all my friends and family - it's my secret weapon!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing. It should make wrinkles look more prominent, but it doesn't! And what a dif in how long my concealer lasts on, at least three times as long. This is a gem, if you have serious problems with dark undereyes, invest in this.

on 9/26/2011 5:24:00 PM

I don't know how this works but it does. After concealing my mild dark circles, a light sweep of this under my eyes with the Laura Mercier mini-fan brush just brightens up the face. I use the #2 as I am a NC30/C4 light tan Asian gal. For the rest of my face (usually just T-zone) I dust with her Invisible Setting Powder or my MUFE HD Powder. But for under the eyes? I ONLY use this Brightening Powder. I am a believer; it really makes a difference and makes me look awake and vibrant!

on 7/6/2011 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Why o why can't they make a face powder like this? It brightens, neutralizes, sets whatever's underneath, without creasing, caking, drying and I have dry skin, alternating AHA with high % of Vitamin C. Of course I can dust this all over the face before or after mineral powder, over fdn to set, but the little container's product will run out very soon. I am sure its not much more to make than regular face powder, but since its meant for the eye area, they simply charge more & give less. That's why I am never never loyal to a particular brand.

on 7/6/2011 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very clear skin so I rarely find myself wearing more than a tinted moisturizer. Anyways. I found that on those hot sweaty days my tinted moisturizer was starting to come off during the day due to just wear and tear and of course time! I bought this powder on a whim as I love the brand Laura Mercier and Thought id give it a try. It does not give any coverage nor colour, but it does something so much more amazing. when you put it on its kind of like a white powdery colour ( I use a MAC 224 to apply it, A fluffly crease blush) then i just kind of swipe over it with my blush and it almost melts into my skin. It litterally looks like you are applying a brand new flawless layer of skin when you put this on but it doesnt even have colour to it! but its basically like it does! i feel like this does so much for my skin and is defenitly a must have for anyone whos looking for a translucent powder!!!!!

on 4/16/2011 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a great product. When applied lightly under the eyes over concealer it prevents creasing and subtly but effectively brightens the whole undereye area. I use my MAC 225 brush or the EDM Eye Kabuki, swirl around in the residue of the lid and buff gently around the eye. It gives a beautifully fresh effect.

The packaging isn't great, once you peel the sticker back a bit the powder just spills out into the lid. I would recommend NOT removing the sticker, just peel it back the tinest bit and believe me, enough product will come out for you to use. You won't actually have to tip any powder out, whatever collects in the lid as a fine layer is more than enough. You just need a very tiny amount around your eye, this definitely does not need patted on.

Fairly expensive but totally worth it as I can't see me running out of this for at least a couple of years, even with daily use. Worth investing in, it makes a real difference.