Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm somewhat indifferent to the full face version of this but this under eye powder is simply the best thing to happen to my eyes!!! I have extremely bad under eye circles and have used every recommended corrector, concealer, potion, and powder from ludicrously high end to high street and this is without doubt the best. A tiny amount of product covers even my worst dark circles, never looks caked, and never creases. Yes, it is expensive for an under eye powder given so many come in kits already, but nothing compares to this! The only drawback is that so much comes out from one tap of the lid; but given this isn't something to carry on the go and the lid is so secure it's not really an issue. An instant Holy Grail product I already worry what I will do if they EVER discontinue this!

on 5/4/2017 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy grail alert. I have very oily skin and very dark under eye circles. I have tried so many setting powders for my under eyes before but it was always the same, it looks cakey and my concealer would crease no matter how thin the layer of powder is.

Recently I have attended a Laura Mercier makeup workshop in my area so new products were introduced as well as the good old trusted Laura products. I decided to buy this. I am glad I did. This changed my life. My concealer did not crease, didn't look cakey or thick at all. I use a bigger and loose eyeshadow brush in setting it, not the dense one cos I think it would put a white cast and can be patchy.

My undereyes look brighter and smooth. Though this can be quite expensive but you only need a very little amount for each use so I guess this will last for years. I definitely recommend this. I am loving it very very much!!!

I always used "normal" face powders for setting my undereyes. And always the same result: cakey, dry wrinkles and the undereye shadows were visible. Yuck! I'm glad that I found this baby while discovering some of LMs products. My undereyes look less wrinkly and dry. Plus it brightens so good. I took a photo with flash and I could see it creates a white cast and there are some glitter particles visible. But only on photos with flash, so that's ok for me. One more thing though: I put concealer on my eyelids and set it with this powder. However, after I came home from my job, the concealer was completely gone and creased in my eyelid. But I think that's a good sign since my eyelids tends to get oily and my undereyes don't need a drying powder. So that's proof for me that it's a fine powder for dry undereyes. Overall: Pros: - less drying than other powders - brightens up your undereye shadow - a little goes a long way Neutral: - packaging is ok, but you have to be careful or you loose some product all over the floor Cons: -price I recommend this powder to all ladies (and gentlemen) who have to fight with dry, wrinkly, dark undereyes. Give it a try and see the magic happen.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Worth the price. Held my concealer through heavy crying on multiple occasions. No discernible texture. Brightens. Smooths away edges of eyeshadow in a photoshopped sort of haze.

After reading many glowing reviews for this under eye powder, I gave in and purchased it. I cannot live without this product now. It is like magic fairy dust for your under eyes!

I use this with either NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer or Urban Decay Naked concealer. The UD one I find very cakey & dry and this powder works wonders to set it and make it look smooth & awake! The powder is white with shimmers in it but it doesn't make your under eye area look sparkly thankfully. I use the Real Techniques Setting brush to gently sweep a small amount of this after concealer. It goes on very smooth, brightens the eye area, doesn't settle into creases and lasts all day long.

Overall, I cannot rave about this powder enough. It has absolutely changed my under eye routine. It is pricey but you get a good sized pot and you only need a small amount. I highly recommend this powder and will definitely be re purchasing it.

on 10/30/2016 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my HG powder for setting undereye concealer. Perfect for anyone with very deep set eyes (and undereye area).

Pros: Finely milled, super brightening and has amazing light reflective particles that make your undereye area look fresh and flawless. Because it is so brightening it's perfect to optically bring forward any areas that are sunken in. It's pricey and the jar is small but, because you need very little product per use, will last you for ever (for me it's been over 6 months). Once your concealer is set with this, you can literally sleep in it and when you wake up your undereyes will still be flawless (shame to admit, but I've been there and done that).

Cons: I can't honestly think of any other than you just need to know how to use it. It is super brightening so if you use it on its own or you don't colour correct or conceal the darkness first, it will just make you look ashy. It has simply not been designed to be used that way. You may also find that unless you have very deep set eyes where the undereye area is a bit sunken in and extreme dark circles (like I do), you may just not need this type of product at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff! Who knew there was a powder to put over the concealer? I've been using a heavier concealer for the past year (oh, getting older....). This made any mascara or under-eye makeup run and disappear. I bought this online on a whim, and was pleasantly surprised that not only did it not crease, it looked very natural and I could again wear eyeliner and mascara. Great product!

on 6/10/2016 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This product is simply amazing! I was traumatized when Benefit got rid of their powderflauge and I was in need of a replacement fast. Based on the reviews here I decided to buy this product and I have never looked back! It doesn't settle into fine lines, it brightens under my eyes and it locks in my eyeliner and bottom mascara so it doesn't run in the summer. I recommend this product to anyone and everyone no matter your skin type or age. Seriously, don't walk, run to the nearest store and buy this ASAP! Holy grail for sure, it will change your life!

on 6/5/2016 4:23:00 PM

I got the powder for Christmas 2015 and it is my most used present. After I finish foundation and concealer I use my beauty blender to pack the powder under my eyes, on my chin, and on the bridge of my nose. I do not know how the powder does it, but my foundation suddenly looks smooth and as close to flawless as I've seen. The packaging is the same as most powders. It's in a pot with a cap with holes in it and you pour the product into the lid. I always end up pouring too much product which is not the best, but I can usually get most of the product back into the pot, but I always have the powder fly into the air when I put the lid on. The other negative is that it is expensive! But it seems to be lasting me. I will say though that I do not where makeup everyday. I would say the pros of the powder our way the cons. This is a definite repurchase.

on 1/29/2016 11:34:00 PM

I like to use this powder to set my under eye area and brighten it up for that awake effect. It does cast a white powdery look in flash photography tho, so I'd be careful. Its very soft and finely milled. No scent to this product.