Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Olive age: 30-35
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2Secret Brightening Powder

4.7

on 10/30/2016 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my HG powder for setting undereye concealer. Perfect for anyone with very deep set eyes (and undereye area).

Pros: Finely milled, super brightening and has amazing light reflective particles that make your undereye area look fresh and flawless. Because it is so brightening it's perfect to optically bring forward any areas that are sunken in. It's pricey and the jar is small but, because you need very little product per use, will last you for ever (for me it's been over 6 months). Once your concealer is set with this, you can literally sleep in it and when you wake up your undereyes will still be flawless (shame to admit, but I've been there and done that).

Cons: I can't honestly think of any other than you just need to know how to use it. It is super brightening so if you use it on its own or you don't colour correct or conceal the darkness first, it will just make you look ashy. It has simply not been designed to be used that way. You may also find that unless you have very deep set eyes where the undereye area is a bit sunken in and extreme dark circles (like I do), you may just not need this type of product at all.

on 8/4/2013 1:41:00 PM

I have this in number 2. It is meant for the under eyes... but I actually use it all over my face as a setting powder. Since the powder is very finely milled I don't look like a disco ball after (I've checked my face in sunlight). IMO, you don't need another setting powder if you have this product especially if you have dry skin. The packaging sucks. There is a sifter - but the container can get very messy; it is not travel friendly at all... since there are so many (less expensive) setting powders out there, I don't believe this is a necessary purchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product so much I'd marry it if I could. OK. That's an exaggeration. But still. I EVANGELIZE over this stuff. At least three people have bought this powder on the basis of my very strong recommendation. This is what it does: it sets the concealer I put all around my eyes (as a brightener and base). Without creasing. And while managing to somehow make my eyes brighter without looking very obviously like highlighter on my eyes. Miracle powder where have you been all my life? (By the way, all girlfriends who bought this powder on my recommendation are similarly in love.)