Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

4.2

on 11/13/2003 12:44:00 PM

Basically, this is a very fine loose white highlighting powder. It really melds into my skin and feels very silky to the touch. It does a great job of highlighting my cheekbones, especially when applied over LM Secret Brightener and when applied right above the cheekbones with a flat wide brush. It can also be used as a highlighter beneath the brow. Has a very subtle shimmer. The container contains 4 grams of product which should last quite awhile. Retails for $22.00.

on 11/13/2003 12:46:00 PM

on 12/9/2003 10:19:00 PM

Great stuff. This powder works with the Secret Brightener, a light pinkish light diffusing lotion that you apply under the eye area (especially the corners of the eye where dark circles occur). Once you apply the Brightener, apply concealer, and then set it with this terrific sheer and crease resistant powder. This powder is finer than any powder I've seen before, smooth as silk. You totally won't regret buying these two products. Your eyes will look great all day long!!

on 12/22/2003 5:29:00 AM

It is a great little product to go with the Secret Brightener pen. You don't need much of it at all and a little goes a loooooooooooong way.

This is a loose, slightly shimmery white powder. It reminds me of my Armani loose powder, shade 0 (I believe), but this powder is more finely milled. You are to apply this powder only as needed to areas you which to highlight. It is meant to be used over top of the LM Secret Brightener. I find it does make quite a difference, eyes look brighter, cheekbones more pronounced.

on 1/17/2004 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this powder feels like silk! - I got this to set my LM Secret (under eye) Concealer - the duo is amazing! - it's also beautiful as a highlighter on cheekbones!

on 1/30/2004 11:11:00 PM

I bought this product because I was in need of a loose powder to apply over my foundation. I liked how finely milled it was but it didn't highlight or brighten anything. The shimmer amount is almost nonexistant and I didn't notice any difference. From reading the other posts, it seems it should have been used with a concealor. Don't buy it if you want to use it as a loose powder.

on 3/3/2004 4:58:00 PM

Wonderful stuff! Finely milled and feels like silk. I start off with the secret brightener under my eyes, follow that with my regular concealer, and then pat this powder on with a small brush to set. My eyes look bright and no trace of creasing or dark circles!

on 4/1/2004 11:29:00 PM

Wow...what a different good powder can do. It is such a finely milled powder. Feel like silk than anything. I use it to set my concealer and brighten up my dark undereyes. I put it on the area I want to reflect light (undereyes, cheekbone, forehead). Works beautifully.

this works very beautifully over my undereye concealer and just magically makes them disappear even more. I've been using my Trish Sheer Eye Contour brush to apply this and it's the perfect size and deposits just enough.

edit- sorry but after a few more uses, I found this made my under eye area appear dry and ashy. Have since gotten rid of it