Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

4.8

on 10/9/2014 3:27:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Beautiful, Finely milled and so light! I also got Nars Loose Powder and Elf HD, beecause I read they were comparable and cheaper. No. Not comparable. This with the concealer is SUCH a help with my older eyes. I don't want raccoon eyes and I don't want cakey eyes. I get plenty of sleep and just need some help with shadows. This is IT.

on 7/6/2011 9:25:00 AM

I love this secret brightening powder. I use undereyes to set concealer and also everywhere else I use concealer. This product lives up to the hype. It does not get in the creases, sets well, and brightens without sparkle where used. Highly recommend!

on 10/9/2009 9:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Hall of fame status for setting one's undereye concealer! This is one of the very few products that I cannot do without. I have dark, hereditary undereye circles and must use concealer. Regardless of what concealer I currently favor, I ALWAYS set it with LM's secret brightening powder. Finely milled, does not settle into fine lines, if applied lightly does not look powdery. (I apply with BB's eye blender brush, but anything of that ilk will do.) For reference, I'm NC25 and use LM's secret in #2. Unique and makes a real difference.

on 1/3/2009 6:34:00 PM

i use this everyday dusting it over my under eye concealer after i apply my eyeshadows for an eye brightening look. i think this can be easily subsituted for a lot of other things. im not sure if i will repurchase bc it doesnt last and kinda sorta makes a diff after my concealer. i will probably buy neutrogena's new eye concealer pot w/ the same looking eye brightening powder. almost like one that laura mercier also has.

on 7/19/2008 6:24:00 PM

A knowledgeable Laura Mercier SA told me I was making myself look older by using ordinary loose powder to set my concealer and act as a primer for shadow. She tried this on me, along with LM's Eye Basics in Bisque as a primer on the lid. Together, the two products make a subtle, but noticeable difference. After applying the Eye Basics (lid only) and my concealer (Cle de Peau Ivory) under my eye, I use the LM Camouflage Powder Brush to grind a bit of the SBP in the jar lid, then dust it under the eye, on the lid, and in the interior corners. It creates a finished look that's natural, not chalky. My shadow stays put all day, my concealer doesn't crease, and I look a little younger. I think it's the duo that creates the look.