Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

4.5

on 6/10/2016 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This product is simply amazing! I was traumatized when Benefit got rid of their powderflauge and I was in need of a replacement fast. Based on the reviews here I decided to buy this product and I have never looked back! It doesn't settle into fine lines, it brightens under my eyes and it locks in my eyeliner and bottom mascara so it doesn't run in the summer. I recommend this product to anyone and everyone no matter your skin type or age. Seriously, don't walk, run to the nearest store and buy this ASAP! Holy grail for sure, it will change your life!

on 4/8/2009 10:33:00 PM

The LM website lists this as available in two shades, #1 (for fair to medium skin tones) and #2 (for medium to tan and darker skin tones). I received this via swap, and the labeling doesn't indicate a shade name or number... Since the color of this loose powder looks more white than linen, I am going to assume mine would be Shade #1.

Product - It goes on rather translucent, providing the faintest amount of brightening/glow. I don't reach for this often, since the effect is so subtle (or my eyes are simply not observant enough). The effects are probably more noticeable in photos. But, since paparazzi don't follow me, I don't have need to look my best in photos on a daily basis :)

Packaging - Sifter pot with translucent plastic body, and typical LM shimmery brown screw-top with rounded top surface. Same style packaging as LM's Loose Shimmer Powder but not quite as wide; wider and taller than LM Lip Stains.

Overall - For me, this is relegated to the "For Special Occasions" pile. Nice to have, probably will keep, and certainly will never use up. Would not repurchase, since it's not a critical item for me to have around. continued >>