Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

on 9/10/2009 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I'm a dark-skinned African-American, and I use the Secret Brightening Powder #2 interchangeably with LM's Transulcent Setting Powder. They are absolutely amazing for setting makeup and giving a subtle luminous glow to my skin.

The powder is incredibly finely milled, and soft as a kitten, so it glides smoothly over my face and never looks cakey. I much prefer using a translucent powder (like Secret Brightening) instead of a colored one, because I feel that the color builds up quickly on dark skin and begins to look unnatural. The Laura Mercier powders do the job perfectly without making me look like I have a face full of makeup.

The price is great, and the jar is the perfect size. I think I've repurchased this 5 or 6 times, since I use it all over my face. Best powder I've ever used.

on 10/15/2008 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The fab makeup artist @ Sephora Aventura- totally did me over, Using products I'd never even dreamt of using much less heard of.
When I left he gave me a few samples as I ended up spending over $100.
One of these samples was a fine powder that he put in a small jar, that sample lasted at least 5 months!!, so having no idea what it was I searched the Sephora website and concluded it was this miracle powder, Sent hubby in to purchase it and I'm in love - Again. I have puffy under eyes( or maybe they are just hollow) Anyway, I use Touche Eclat #4 (YSL) And then set it with this silica powder- the difference is immediate my eyes are radiant -Sometimes i use it on its own over foundation- and now when I take photos I dont look like the girl with the puffy/dark undereyes. I'm black - milk choc complexion and use #2.
I Highly highly recommend applying with a small fan brush- I purchased mine at the airport but am sure you can buy @ sephora too.
I couldn't love it more and it lasts For-Ev- Er!!!