Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive age: 25-29
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2Secret Brightening Powder

4.8

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Worth the price. Held my concealer through heavy crying on multiple occasions. No discernible texture. Brightens. Smooths away edges of eyeshadow in a photoshopped sort of haze.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a good product but because I haven't really delved into an exploration of setting powders, I don't have much data to compare this to other under-eye setting powders.

With that said, as soon as I began using this to set my under-eye concealer, it completely improved the performance of my under-eye liner and shadow, as well as the longevity of my tight line on my upper lid. I wear tinted moisturizer, spot conceal and conceal my under-eye circles; the addition of this product makes my overall look polished but still natural. My MUA friend could not tell I was wearing setting powder underneath my eyes.

I apply this with a very slightly damp beauty blender around my eye (360 degrees) once I've let my under-eye concealer set. Be careful not to apply too much, as it will become drying.

My only critique for this product is that I'd like the circumference of the jar to be bigger. Because the jar is so small, I find that when I first purchase the powder overflows and I lose product. This would be okay if this product weren't so needlessly expensive (cheap packing and ingredients--it should be maximum of 22 dollars retail), but it is.

Overall, I will continue to repurchase and use daily until I decide to experiment and change my routine.

on 7/9/2011 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this powder. Sometimes I find powders cake or look dusty on my skin, but I don't have that problem with this powder. It's fine and blends easily, and it really does brighten my skin and make it look better than it is. Impressive - I will be repurchasing.

on 9/2/2007 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok I'm going to start of by saying that I didn't have really high exepctations for this product. I just happened to be wandering around Nordie's and was playing around in the makeup area.

Recently I have developed some darkness under my eyes and was thinking about trying something to hide them - more or less looking for an excuse to buy more makeup. The LM counter caught my eye and the SA dabbed on some Secret Concelear and put the Brightening Powder on top...and I immediatly fell in love. I adore the "Bright Eye'd" look underneath the eyes that seems pretty populare these days and this gave me just that. Woke my face up and even on those really bad mornings this does the trick to make everyone think that I have had a great nights sleep. I think the trick to avoiding "settling" into the not so good areas under the eye is to go easy with the product. The SA told me about five times NOT to over do it and just use a very small amount to get the effect needed. She was right...because those few time that I got overzealous the powder did settle into my lines.

on 2/25/2007 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I needed a light loose powder to dust over concealor underneath my eyes and this does a perfect job!! YES, PERFECT!!! I've gone through Nars press powder, Cle de Peau Perfect Enhancing Powder but they all look dirty once it gets mixed with the concealor oil. Stays as it is so no need to touch up throughout the day! Light as feather and like that there is barely any shimmer in it!

on 4/26/2006 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This stuff is awesome. I got it in an sample size from a sweet swapper. I usually have problems with concealer. No matter what consistency it has, it usually gets cakey or sits somewhat on top of the skin and does not blend etc.pp. I think it's probably because my skin is really dry around the eye area and several other spots in my face.
So first I was kinda worried that this powder will do no good at all but emphasize the dryness even more. After all the great reviews I gave it a try and was able swap for it. It is a white (I have #1) finely milled powder, looks almost a little sparkly but blends perfectly into the skin ( I am PPP with yellow undertones). I use this over my YSL Touche Éclat and like it...but what makes this even better for me is that I can use it on a darker pigmented scar I have above the left corner of my mouth due to some inflammations. I use serum to get rid of it, but until that'll happen someday I have to cover it up. I was always disappointed about the concealers I tried. They were not lasting very long on that particular spot, creasing etc. due to smiling. Now I use my concealer (use Becca for that part since Touche Éclat would not be enough) and then just dab some Brightening powder over it with a small brush. I am really picky with hiding that scar and I can tell you - it's just invisible with LM Brightening Powder. HG quality, and I just discovered that I can order it from the Netherlands...so will definitely repurchase when my little jar is empty.