Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by age: 19-24
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

4.1

I always used "normal" face powders for setting my undereyes. And always the same result: cakey, dry wrinkles and the undereye shadows were visible. Yuck! I'm glad that I found this baby while discovering some of LMs products. My undereyes look less wrinkly and dry. Plus it brightens so good. I took a photo with flash and I could see it creates a white cast and there are some glitter particles visible. But only on photos with flash, so that's ok for me. One more thing though: I put concealer on my eyelids and set it with this powder. However, after I came home from my job, the concealer was completely gone and creased in my eyelid. But I think that's a good sign since my eyelids tends to get oily and my undereyes don't need a drying powder. So that's proof for me that it's a fine powder for dry undereyes. Overall: Pros: - less drying than other powders - brightens up your undereye shadow - a little goes a long way Neutral: - packaging is ok, but you have to be careful or you loose some product all over the floor Cons: -price I recommend this powder to all ladies (and gentlemen) who have to fight with dry, wrinkly, dark undereyes. Give it a try and see the magic happen.

on 11/6/2016 1:02:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I enjoy using this and like the effect that it gives my under eyes, but sometimes it'll just snag at every dry patch and not want to blend properly. The pros definitely outweigh the cons for me though.

After reading many glowing reviews for this under eye powder, I gave in and purchased it. I cannot live without this product now. It is like magic fairy dust for your under eyes!

I use this with either NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer or Urban Decay Naked concealer. The UD one I find very cakey & dry and this powder works wonders to set it and make it look smooth & awake! The powder is white with shimmers in it but it doesn't make your under eye area look sparkly thankfully. I use the Real Techniques Setting brush to gently sweep a small amount of this after concealer. It goes on very smooth, brightens the eye area, doesn't settle into creases and lasts all day long.

Overall, I cannot rave about this powder enough. It has absolutely changed my under eye routine. It is pricey but you get a good sized pot and you only need a small amount. I highly recommend this powder and will definitely be re purchasing it.

on 10/24/2016 4:53:00 PM

I have difficulty preventing my under eyes from creasing and I have heard so many good reviews on this product. I do like the brightening look it gives but no matter what concealer I use, I end up creasing and looking very dry. I wouldn't recommend buying this product if you have that issue as well

on 3/17/2016 1:57:00 PM

I really like this powder, it does what it claims. I do notice a slight brightening effect under my eyes (I also use Becca's under eye brightening cream). It doesn't crease my concealer and overall I'm satisfied with this product. It is a relatively small jar but a little goes a long way. I haven't tried it out with flash photography yet but rumor has it, it does give off a white cast. I would repurchase :)

For the price of this product and the small amount I expected something better. I felt that it didn't stop my undereyes from creasing at all and added no brightening effect whatsoever. I much prefer the bare minerals translucent powder. You get a lot more for less money and it sets my undereye soooo much better than this powder.

on 1/30/2016 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product does not work for me.
I used it under my eyes to set my concealer, however, i do not like it.
It said it is a secret brightening powder, it does not brightening for sure!!!
Plus it does not set your concealer well, this product is just a huge turndown for me.

on 1/29/2016 11:34:00 PM

I like to use this powder to set my under eye area and brighten it up for that awake effect. It does cast a white powdery look in flash photography tho, so I'd be careful. Its very soft and finely milled. No scent to this product.

on 1/24/2016 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I use it all the time you do need lots of it for it to work lol
. My skin is normal (N15), slightly dry on occasion.

I've had equally good results using this over all of my concealers, which I switch around depending on my mood. Currently I use Cle de Peau concealer in Ivory, Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Fair, and Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly. For liquid concealers I make sure to let them set for a minute or two first before applying the powder. It's so lightweight and silky, extremely sheer, and thin so it doesn't look heavy at all. I use a synthetic fluffy brush to apply so it isn't packed on. The shimmer is subtle but if used heavily it does look more obvious. The powder itself is on the luminous side too, so it may be too much of an effect for those who like a matte quality in their makeup.
I haven't used this anywhere other than my undereye area, so the small size isn't an issue. I've had mine for about five months and it doesn't look like I've used much at all yet. But I think depending on how/where you use this will determine how fast you use up the jar. I think a similar effect can be achieved by other products, and any loose powder will probably do just as fine a job setting makeup, but I do like this and will keep purchasing. I'm a huge fan of light reflecting/glowy makeup and so this is right up my alley. Plus I like that it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great powder, really helps with my under eye creasing/fine lines. Dont use too much though or else you will look overly highlighted.