Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

4.1

on 6/5/2016 4:23:00 PM

I got the powder for Christmas 2015 and it is my most used present. After I finish foundation and concealer I use my beauty blender to pack the powder under my eyes, on my chin, and on the bridge of my nose. I do not know how the powder does it, but my foundation suddenly looks smooth and as close to flawless as I've seen. The packaging is the same as most powders. It's in a pot with a cap with holes in it and you pour the product into the lid. I always end up pouring too much product which is not the best, but I can usually get most of the product back into the pot, but I always have the powder fly into the air when I put the lid on. The other negative is that it is expensive! But it seems to be lasting me. I will say though that I do not where makeup everyday. I would say the pros of the powder our way the cons. This is a definite repurchase.

on 8/25/2015 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It does not brighten the under eye area at all, it does an OK job at setting concealer but can sink into fine lines.

on 1/4/2014 1:59:00 AM

I love this powder! It makes my under eyes look so air brushed and flawless but not cakey AT ALL! I absolutely love this! So so good!!! But the only thing is the price but I feel like it would last quite a long time and its defiantly worth it! Loving it right now!!!!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The reason why I gave it a 4 is because this can last you years and does a good job of brightening your under eyes. I did find that my eyes would crease as the day wore one but this can be fixed if you tear a tissue in half and press it on your under eye makeup (before using the powder). This allows the extra moisture to be absorbed and solves your creasing problems. You can also dab setting spray three times. First time is before applying under eye makeup, then after you've applied (which is before you would apply a setting powder of course) and lastly after applying the powder. Do this and I guarantee your under eye creasing problems will be solved! I learned this trick off youtube lol and the guy is gossmakeupartist. He's got the best makeup tips, I don't know what I've been doing before I watched his videos!!

on 7/6/2011 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very clear skin so I rarely find myself wearing more than a tinted moisturizer. Anyways. I found that on those hot sweaty days my tinted moisturizer was starting to come off during the day due to just wear and tear and of course time! I bought this powder on a whim as I love the brand Laura Mercier and Thought id give it a try. It does not give any coverage nor colour, but it does something so much more amazing. when you put it on its kind of like a white powdery colour ( I use a MAC 224 to apply it, A fluffly crease blush) then i just kind of swipe over it with my blush and it almost melts into my skin. It litterally looks like you are applying a brand new flawless layer of skin when you put this on but it doesnt even have colour to it! but its basically like it does! i feel like this does so much for my skin and is defenitly a must have for anyone whos looking for a translucent powder!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this powder! I have relativly dark undereye circles, which I can cover with concealers and correcters. my problem was always that I tried so hard to cover up my dark circles that my undereye area would be left looking cakey. I tried a few powders, and found that many products would settle badly, making me appear far, far older than I am. the laura mercier secret brightening powder does everything it promises. it's super fine, so gone are the days of cakey skin, or lines you're too young to have. it also brightens, but subtly. the shimmer doesn't look odd at all (which was my worry when purchasing the powder.) it looks natural and fresh. i wouldn't use it without a concealer underneath, but it's my HG product for setting the concealer under my eyes.

on 10/23/2007 9:04:00 AM

Sigh. I had high hopes for this product.

Although the powder did not settle into the fine lines under my eyes, it did not provide a 'brightening' effect at all. I selected the correct shade (#1) for my skin tone and yet, the powder barely appears, let alone illuminate my undereye area.

I assumed I had been applying it incorrectly and approached a Laura Mercier MUA for advice, to no avail. She placed a small amount of Brightening Powder under my left eye, and when I looked in the mirror (under both natural light and artificial light), it looked precisely like my right eye. There was no difference between both eyes! I don't understand why it's not working for me..I have dark circles and I really hoped this product would lessen the severity of my circles but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

I'm happy that it works for others though!

Oh my! Brightens up my undereye area like no other, not that fake glittery look, but natural! Oh and bonus: it stopped my undereye concealer from creasing. I'm going to find a few friends to split this with though, one jar is way too much for one person. If I were to use one jar just by myself, it'd probably take at least 2+ yrs even with daily use. Actually, if you're interested, message me :D BTW I used #1, the white-based one.