Jason Natural Cosmetics Apricot Deodorant

Jason Natural Cosmetics Apricot Deodorant

2.2

Not tested on animals

There is something wrong with this product, I have only tried the apricot scent, and in the tube it smells light but delicious! Maybe the other scents are different, but I quite often go without any deodorant or anti persperant and unless Im having a particularly rough day can only smell myself if I stick my nose to my pits, however while wearing this product I could smell a horrible bo coming from my armpits by lunchtime and the end of the day the shirt I was wearing just reeks in the pits which I’ve never noticed before. I was confused what was going on at first but after about a week of using it I have now switched back to nothing and the smell is gone so I am convinced it is the deodorant, something combines with my sweat to create a terrible smell. The other major downside is that it is sooo sticky, it goes on smoothe but an hour or 2 later it feels as though there has been a glue stick applied to your underarms, it is even sticky to the touch with a finger and has caused underarm chafing which left quite a painful rash because of it.

I tend not to sweat too much and they may we why this deoderant has worked for me. I recently switched over to all natural organic products, free of aluminum and harsh ingredients. I have to say that the smell is absolutely lovely. A few hours after wearing the smell does fade and I often have to re-apply.

on 4/18/2016 2:04:00 PM

I bought this deodorant at Marshalls as I saw the label stating a "pure natural deodorant stick". When I use regular drugstore deodorants, it typically lasts me an entire day (24 hours) after applying it once in the morning, but when I applied this Jason deodorant stick though, my underarm odor came back literally within an hour! The smell of this deodorant is very nice and fruity, but it unfortunately does not last long at all. I am quite disappointed considering it's much more expensive than most other drugstore deodorant sticks.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This deodorant is pretty much what I go for with it being cruelty free and "natural". After smelling it in store I thought I would give it a go as it has a really lovely scent. However after applying it I noticed within a short period of time, a few hours, that I was already starting to smell! With every other deodorant I have used, roll ons, spray ones or even powder ones this hasn't happened before. After paying nearly £5 I would not buy this again as it seems to be pretty pointless.

*UPDATE*
I thought I would give this another go seeing as it cost enough...but no, it's worse than before! This smells nice for maybe 10 minutes but after that time I'm pretty sure it makes you smell 5 times worse?! Would not recommend

on 3/24/2015 12:46:00 PM

Please don't buy this product. It does prevent odour I suppose, the feeling of it on my skin is a bit of an uncomfortable sensation and that's okay. But it gave me a horrific rash that lasted ages and ages. I thought it might have been a reaction exclusive to me, but a friend of mine tried it too, with the same reaction. A skin peeling, red and scaly excruciating, burning rash under my arms that lasted heaps of time. It's very difficult to heal this type of rash. Maybe it was a coincidence, but if you do use this deodorant which I strongly discourage, make sure you don't apply it to wet skin, exfoliated skin, skin that's the slightest bit irritated, skin that you've rubbed even the littlest bit with a towel... Please do yourself a favour and don't buy this, it is not worth the pain.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I do really like this product it has the best smell ever and it's all natural to so i think is a great product and I recommend buying it

I really liked the smell of this product. I grabbed a stick to put in my locker at work for reapplication since I can work up quite a sweat at my job. Well I tried it out before a workout and it was honestly the only new product I had on and immediately after my workout my pits were swollen and red. Throughout the night became super itchy and inflamed even after a shower. I must have reacted really badly to an ingredient in this. Not sure what it was because I use the body wash and love it. Oh well, guess I'll keep buying LaVanilla even though it's a little expensive. Hope this helps.

on 4/18/2013 3:07:00 PM

This is what I get for not reading reviews before purchasing this. I'm all for natural deoderants, and I realize they will not work like 'regular' ones for controlling odor or wetness, but COME ON. This deoderant does nothing, nada, zip, zilch. It's very wet and applies heavily. My 'pits have thick white blotches that I normally have to blot away before I get dressed. And for what? Doesn't do ANYTHING. I'm smelly within an hour of wearing it, I might as well not even wear anything.

This product gave me a nasty rash on my underarm area. I think it was because of the baking soda, but can't be sure.

on 10/17/2011 5:59:00 PM

I love this deodorant! I've been using it for years now. Love the scent and it works!
When you exercise and sweat, smell does come through but not like with some of the other natural deodorants.
Since this is aluminum-free and not tested on animals and it works and smells so good, I'll always keep using it. I rotate it with Weleda spray deodorant and it works great.

on 2/16/2013 6:25:00 PM

The reviews on this product are quite old and I'm surprised to see so many good ones. The scent is great, I like the generous packaging, there's quite a lot of product in one tube compared to standard deodorants. But it sucks! The application and texture is the main issue, it feels like I am smearing lip balm on my underarms. It's sticky and waxy, never gets absorbed and its just uncomfortable.
One of the things I started doing was sprinkling a bit of baby powder on top of the deodorant on my skin because it was so sticky.

It's not effective for very long. It feels like it's moisturizing my underarms instead of protecting it against odor.