Chanel Les Vernis Nail Colour Pirate #08

Chanel Les Vernis Nail Colour Pirate #08

4.3

on 4/20/2016 10:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I was very disappointed with the endurance of this polish, but first l'll list the positive features of this product. The colour is simply gorgeous. This is the perfect, blue-based red with a high shine finish that makes nails look so elegant. The brush design is very nice, and provides a smooth and mess free application. What I was highly disappointed in was the fact that this polish began chipping on day one. After spending nearly $30.00 USD for a nail polish, and being told by the sales person that this polish is designed to last up to 7 days without chipping, I was really surprised that such an expensive product performed so poorly. I have $4.00 drugstore nail polish that lasts much, much longer than this without chipping. I'm giving it two lippies for the beautiful colour and nice brush design, but I wouldn't recommend this product overall. I returned my bottle for a full refund.

on 2/24/2016 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I want to love this because the packaging is so classic and chic. That's pretty much it though. This chips after a DAY. The quality is like Wet N Wild it's insane.
I tried it with an Orly base coat first, and it was chipping the same day with 2 coats. I've now tried it with Sally Hansen hard as wraps, 2 coats Chanel, and one coat of Kiko gel look top coat and it lasts almost 3 days. So did my 4 year old Revlon polish I had on before this. :-( I bought it duty free so it was like 24$...still so not worth it, and I won't be buying any Chanel polish again :-(
The color is ok. One coat is super weird. 2 Coats looks best. It's just hooker red. Nothing unique. There's a million other polishes to buy with a better effect cheaper I'm afraid.

on 1/18/2015 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I expected to need 2 coats as this has an obvious transparency, but it levels up so beautifully I got away with just the one coat (ran out of time)over a ridge filling base and a qdtc. The following day I added the 2nd coat and the color deepened a bit more. Just a magnificent candy apple red. Chanel lives up to it's name with this one.

on 7/21/2014 11:29:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This colour is so gorgeous! It goes on kinda redish pink on the first coat, but after the second coat it is a perfect deep red! I had a hard time chosing the perfect red from all of Chanels beautiful reds, but this one is great for my scandinavian look. Absolutely recommending it! :)

on 2/5/2014 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I never wear red polish. Well, not never, but pretty close. I think maybe once a year I decide to wear it on my toes. I have a few red polishes but they usually just sit in a drawer and take up space. I like the classic, pin-up red color that's sexy but timeless. Not too vampy or deep. No shimmer or unnecessary extras. This is perfect. Just a clean, smooth creme finish in a red you can't go wrong with. It looks beautiful on my very pale skin and makes me feel like a bombshell. Great formulation too. Goes on evenly without streaking and is fully opaque after two coats. Not too thick or too thin so it's easy to apply without making a mess.

I don't know why it took me so long to find this color but now that I have it I'll be wearing red a lot more often.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love chanel polishes and this one is much more shiny than Dragon but very close in shade. I keep reaching for this as opposed to Dragon. It's definitely my go to true red with a blue base, very classic.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love red nail polishes and at least twice a season, I wear an in-your-face red. This certainly fits the bill. It is classic red and has a cooler-leaning undertone that makes it flattering on a range of skin colours. I consider this more of a jelly, and I did find that application was a little uneven. However, it was still fairly easy to use. I found that it took 3 coats to reach the same depth of colour as the bottle. I have said I won't repurchase bc this is a standard neutral red and while I love the idea of a classic Chanel red, I'm sure I can find a dupe in a less expensive, but still good quality, brand. Shine and wear time are both very good on me. I use butter London nail foundation as base, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dry as top coat.

Love this product. It's such a gorgeous, classic red. I was going to order Chanel 'Rouge Fatal' online but was in a department store yesterday and picked this up after seeing the colour of Rouge Fatal in person. Am so so glad I didn't order Rouge Fatal and picked this instead. Rouge Fatal is a tomato-like colour where as this is much more berry in tone. Applies beautifully, quick drying. Love it.

Without a shadow of a doubt, this is the best colour in the existance of nail polish. This is the perfect red for the classic half-moon red nail. It is vampy without looking tacky. Two coats are more than enough. xo

on 1/7/2012 4:51:00 PM

I have no idea why I was shocked when these Chanel polishes turned out to be better than OPI's and all other "mid-range" polishes. I guess sometimes I just assume that designer beauty products are pulling a fast one? I don't know. But not the case here.. this stuff is the real deal, in every way. Lasts a solid week with minimal wear, the application is impeccable, the brush is SO precise and the color payoff is shocking; I actually shake my head after doing every nail. Looking forward to buying more.

Popular Polishes