Eucerin Eucerin Renewal SPF 15

Eucerin Eucerin Renewal SPF 15

3.9

on 10/8/2006 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Why don't I just slather Crisco on my face? By the end of the day my face looked so gross. Switched to a mattifying spf moisturizer and finally life is good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I recently reviewed the other SPF moisturizer by Eucerin (the SPF 30 Ultra-Protective) and thought I would give my "2 cents" on this one, which I have also tried. I must say I like the other one much better. This left me with really oily, greasy skin. It didn't feel like it absorbed into my skin AT ALL. And, unlike the other moisturizer I mentioned, it has a strong sunscreen smell. I didn't use it long enough to notice any "skin renewing," but just to let everyone know, both moisturizers mentioned here contain the lactic acid. So, after trying both products, the SPF 30 Ultra-Protective moisturizer by Eucerin is superior in feel, smell, and performance...and it contains more protection!!! I would not try this one again for my skin type (which is combo/acne prone).

on 6/6/2006 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this moisturizer. I have only found about 1 other lotion that I like as much, Presciptives All You Need but that's $40 (gasp). Easy choice.

I usually have issues with moisturizers with SPF but after about a week of using this morning and night, my face really balanced out. I have acne-prone, combo skin and what works for oil control worsens my dry spots and vice versa. This lotion actually normalized my whole face AND lightened my many old acne spots. I've toned down my face regime and just use this and Dove soap and my face is actually looking so good, I've taken my foundation down a few notches, from spackle to light/med coverage.

The key with Eucerin is to use just as much as you need (4 pumps for my face and neck) and then wait a while before applying makeup. Also, make sure to gently blot your face before applying foundation (that's a good rule for any lotion). I hope this helps!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this moisturizer a little bit more than a month. I used to use Kiehl's Ultra Protection and was just too thick for me especially during the summer. This moisturizer was lightweight and absorbed well. It smoothed my skin and actually lightens the dark spots of my acne scars. At first I thought this product gave me one zit per week, but I was trying multiple new products and now I know it is not this moisturizer. However, it leaves an oily feeling to my skin probably from the SPF 15 and leaves my skin oilier than it is ( I have heavy oily skin on T zone area). The grease doesn't break me out and I don't get this stingy sensation as mentioned in review before. For now, it is a nice moisturizer and sunscreen for the summer days while being somewhat cheap, but still searching for the perfect moisturizer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is amazing. Its so light and doesnt leave a "sunscreen" type of feel on your face. Its helping to clear my skin, prevent darkening of acne scars (SPF) and exfoliating, because of the lactic acid.
If you have sensitive skin, use very little because the acid will feel slightly irritating. Eventually you'll get used to it.
I went to 6 stores and couldnt find it so I had to order it online. Will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was sceptical of this product, Clear acne, smooth skin, and moisturize for 7.50? But it did everything it said it would. This is a great product for teens who want something non-greasy and won't break them out.

Hi all,
Just wanted to let you know, that for some reason, Eucerin is discontinuing this lotion. Crazy people don't know how good this lotion really is. I found it at Amazon.com in 2 packs for a limited time. Buy it while you still can.

on 10/4/2005 1:07:00 AM

This sunscreen still makes your skin a little greasy throughout the day, but it didn't cause me to break out at all. I think most sunscreens are there to grease you out at the minimum level because of the active ingredients. Your face really feels smooth, but I didn't notice any improvement after going through two bottles of it. Yet this sunscreen does it's job of protecting your face, although it is no miracle product. The only reason why I'd buy this again is because I'm a foundation addict, and I'm always open to trying to foundations (for whatever reason). If I were to find one that had no SPF in it, then this would be the product I'd put underneath it. I think this sunscreen is best suited for people with normal skin - people who don't need much maintenance on their skin. I have some embarassing acne scars and I thought the AHAs and BHAs would give me skin a boost, but I was wrong. It succeeds in protecting, fails in "renewing."

on 9/9/2005 1:55:00 PM

Best moisturizer for dry, flaky skin. I'd been using the Olay moisturizers, but they didn't work very well as they would clump around the dry spots. Eucerin Renewal is highly recommended!

on 8/22/2005 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Wow! Looks like I can join the club! I too read about this on acne.org and I'm in love w/ this moisturizer! I've tried other oil-free moisturizers before and didn't realize what good was till I tried this. It's light and goes on smooth, absorbs fairly quickly and best of all doesn't irritate the skin under my eyes which tends to be a bit sensitive. I love that it's non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic - I've been using it about four months now and it hasn't broken me out once, in fact my skin actually feels smoother! UVA/UVB protection - the whole caboodle. Plus it lasts a long time, has a convenient pump, and won't dump all over your luggage when you travel. My only complaint is that it does make my skin a bit shiny, but then again I tend to have oily skin to begin with so maybe it's just me. Oh, and it has a nice light suntan lotion smell too that reminds me of the beach - that'll be nice in the winter, lol.