Eucerin Eucerin Renewal SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Eucerin Eucerin Renewal SPF 15

on 7/23/2006 4:02:00 PM

I purchased this after I began using a Rx acne medication and needed a more gentile moisturizer. This is for acne, but the active ingredient is lactic acid, which is an extremely gentile exfoliant, so I thought it would work well. I also loved that it has an SPF 15. I really like this moisturizer. It works well with my combination skin and doesn't dry out my cheeks like most moisturizers made for acne prone skin. It also gives me a very natural looking glow. I would highly reccommend this to anyone with combination, acne-prone, normal, or even slightly dry skin because it moisturizes well, has an exfoliant that is great for all skin types, and has a decent SPF. I wouldn't reccommend it to those with oily skin because it will be a little greasy. I will definitely buy this again.

Greetings, girlfriends! I must say that at 30-something, Eucerin Renewal SPF 15 is just right for my sensitive PPP combination acne-prone skin. After cleansing gently with Cetaphil Normal to Oily Skin Cleanser at night and in the mornings in the shower, I apply a pencil-eraser-size smidgen of the The Regimen 2.5% BP Gel. I use this in combination with Eucerin Clear Skin Formula Skin Renewal SPF 15 moisturizer in the morning (under a little super-cheap Maybelline EverFresh Makeup), and my acne has disappeared. This is a modification of the Clear Skin Regimen on http://www.acne.org. Yey - my face is finally clear, 10 months and counting!

Sunscreen in AZ: Must have.

Packaging: OK.

Price: Moderate.

Lasts: Past the expiration date (oops). continued >>

on 6/6/2006 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this moisturizer. I have only found about 1 other lotion that I like as much, Presciptives All You Need but that's $40 (gasp). Easy choice.

I usually have issues with moisturizers with SPF but after about a week of using this morning and night, my face really balanced out. I have acne-prone, combo skin and what works for oil control worsens my dry spots and vice versa. This lotion actually normalized my whole face AND lightened my many old acne spots. I've toned down my face regime and just use this and Dove soap and my face is actually looking so good, I've taken my foundation down a few notches, from spackle to light/med coverage.

The key with Eucerin is to use just as much as you need (4 pumps for my face and neck) and then wait a while before applying makeup. Also, make sure to gently blot your face before applying foundation (that's a good rule for any lotion). I hope this helps!

on 10/14/2005 3:19:00 PM

It moisturizes well, I like the fact that it's oil-free and SPF 15, and I think it may even help my skin stay clear, but for some reason Eucerin Renewal makes my face really greasy. I'm starting to think that oil-free + SPF = grease.

Edit: added a lippie. I think it just took my face a few weeks to get used to the new moisturizer, because it's less greasy now.

on 10/4/2005 1:07:00 AM

This sunscreen still makes your skin a little greasy throughout the day, but it didn't cause me to break out at all. I think most sunscreens are there to grease you out at the minimum level because of the active ingredients. Your face really feels smooth, but I didn't notice any improvement after going through two bottles of it. Yet this sunscreen does it's job of protecting your face, although it is no miracle product. The only reason why I'd buy this again is because I'm a foundation addict, and I'm always open to trying to foundations (for whatever reason). If I were to find one that had no SPF in it, then this would be the product I'd put underneath it. I think this sunscreen is best suited for people with normal skin - people who don't need much maintenance on their skin. I have some embarassing acne scars and I thought the AHAs and BHAs would give me skin a boost, but I was wrong. It succeeds in protecting, fails in "renewing."

on 9/9/2005 1:55:00 PM

Best moisturizer for dry, flaky skin. I'd been using the Olay moisturizers, but they didn't work very well as they would clump around the dry spots. Eucerin Renewal is highly recommended!

I can't believe i haven't write a review for this FAB moisturizer with SPF15. This is so far the ONLY moisturizer i haven't had a problem with, i have combo-oily, sensitive, breakout-prone skin. I bought this from the recommendation from the acne.org website. This combined with BP gel has kept my skin COMPLETELY clear for almost a year. I couldn't be happier about my skin now. This moisturizer leaves my skin so soft and i don't have to worry about putting on other suncreen either. It goes on very smooth under makeup too. I <3 <3 this!!!

on 7/18/2005 4:31:00 PM

I also purchased this after reading about it on the acne regimine website. It is awesome! It goes on really thin which I like, since I have combination skin and don't like the way thick creams feel on my face. Even though it's thin it moisturizes really well. Most oil-free, acne targeted moisturizers don't do anything and make it hard to put foundation over them. This is perfect and it's SO cheap!

I bought this because I love the Eucerin pore purifying cleanser, and also because it has AHA's in it. I haven't been 'that' impressed with it, though. It smells kind of funny, and makes my face greasy after a few hours. I use it occasionally now, but will not buy again.

on 2/6/2005 10:47:00 PM

Love this. My skin looks better than it hass in probably ten years.I have combination skin, prone to both blemishes and flaky dry spots, but this lotion has balanced my skin out perfectly.
The only downside is that I can't find it an any local stores and am going to have to order it online next time.