COVERGIRL Professional Natural Lash Mascara

COVERGIRL Professional Natural Lash Mascara

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Alcohol Denatured, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Trisodium EDTA, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Glycerin

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Doesn't do much aside from making your lashes look wet, makes only an ok brow gel.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have been using this mascara for about 10 years now, solely as a brow gel, and it always works great! It always holds my brows in place. Another reviewer noted that when also used for her brows, the mascara dried up during the day and it got flaky, but I have never experienced that in my decade-long use of this product. It is inexpensive and will always be a staple product for me.

Addition: My usual routine is lightly shading in any sparse areas using a brow pencil (NYC brow/eye liner, another cheap buy!) then applying the clear mascara. Eventually, I do start to notice that the brush and the mascara in the bottle itself gets darker and darker from some transference over a few weeks, but the transference is very minimal, and I find that it actually helps to blend the pencil better if anything and make it look more natural. This mascara actually does help to set the pencil color in my brows and keep the hairs in place. I don't ever have to reapply the pencil or mascara throughout the day, even if it's hot and humid out, unless I'm sleeping in which case the product may wear off.

on 3/31/2013 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this as both a brow gel and a mascara. As a mascara, it is average, doesn't really do much and it feels really wet and icky on my face. As a brow gel, for the first half of the day it really holds my brows in place, and once it completely dries, it turns gray and flakey- noticeably gray and flakey. I was wearing it one day, and my friend turned to me and said, "Woah, why are your eyebrows all gray? Are you getting gray hairs in your brows?!" and then I threw it out.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I got this as a gift, so I can't comment on the price. However, I can say that I really liked this clear mascara. I use it on my brows sometimes, and occasionally over my regular mascara. The curved brush helps lift my lashes. However, this is a wet formula and takes a while to dry. It doesn't really change the rating, since if it smudges, it doesn't show- it's clear!
I'm planning to repurchase when I use it all up.

on 11/16/2011 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Use and LOVE this as a brow gel!! Yes, the shape isn't the best for that purpose, but a quick tweak of your hand and it's fine. I'd previously used Max Factor's clear mascara for the same purpose, and it only held my thick brows in place for a cpl hours, then I'd have them sticking every which way. I more recently tried the Palladio brand from Sally's and returned that after a few days. I spend a lot on makeup, but I wasnt willing to shell out $10-20 for a clear brow gel at Sephora, so I thought I would try one more drugstore brand and thank goodness for this product. Holds my brows in place ALL DAY and they don't look stiff at all. For the price, you should at least try it.

on 11/20/2009 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I thought clear mascara would be an easy thing to make well. All you really need is to hold the curl. Companies don't have to worry about smudging. It seems like CG reps skimmed on the quality because it holds lashes pretty mediocre, the curved brush is not very good and it also makes your lashes stick together so that it looks like you have 5 humongous lash hairs... 0_0. It definitely holds better than no mascara though. It only flaked for me when I put it on, waited for it to dry completely, THEN curled my lashes. but if you curl it while it's still a little wet, then it doesn't flake.

on 6/18/2008 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use this as an eyebrow gel only. It's such an easy way to save some money. I was using Anastasia's clear brow gel but have no problems downgrading here. Very simply, holds brows in place. Slightly sticky or wet look if I use too much. I only find it in a curved brush, a straight brush would be better.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know why I bought this. It weighs down my lashes and doesn't do anything.

on 7/9/2003 9:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I use this as a brow gel. The hold is not great at all, and to make matters worse, it makes my brows flake like I actually DID have a super-hold gel on them!!!