Cover Girl Professional Natural Lash Mascara

Cover Girl Professional Natural Lash Mascara

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Alcohol Denatured, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Trisodium EDTA, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Glycerin

on 5/6/2012 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Cover Girl Professional clear mascara can be used as both an eyebrow gel and a mascara. I have only used it in the mascara form. The brush is the perfect size and shape for lashes. The formula on this is a little watery and weird feeling - almost as if your lashes are wet - until it dries. I had no problems with flaking or clumping. However, it doesn't seem to do much other than separate your lashes. They don't look longer or more "there." I bought this thinking they might look a little more "there" but that was not the case; therefore, I will not be buying this again.

This is my first and only clear mascara! It was very suitable for my lashes, but it only lasted for a few hours. And after a while, my lashes looked the way they did before I applied it. I wish it didn't show the clearness of it, because I like to layer my mascaras and some of the blackness came into the tube. Overall, a good mascara and like the reviews before me, good for eyebrows

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I wanted to play with mascara but didnt want the clumping, smudging, racoon eyes and price. I use this as a "lash gel" as advised by a lot of make up professionals to help keep the curl longer. It flakes somewhat when you try to brush out the lashes after it dries.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this for brow taming. Not for lashes at all it just sticks them all together and pushes them down but for brows it works really well. Thats all I use it for. So I recommend it alot for brows and I will buy it again.

on 11/22/2011 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product to death! It is the only product that will keep my unruly and thick brows in place. My brows never look unnatural and this gel makes them look tamed until the end of the day. I've tried the clear brow from GreatLash and didn't get great results from that because it never held my eyebrows in place. This product is fantastic in that it actually has holding power and keeps me looking polished, but not too made up. Overall, this is a great product for people with thick or unruly eyebrows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this!! I use this as a brow gel. It doesn't flaky, stiff, or crunchy! It's feels like ur own brows that doesn't move an inch! This the first gel I have use. The packing is nice, it has grey top that has a sliver sheen, the down is a clear tube. When you closed it, has a click that tells you it closed all the way! The price is super cheap! I was always find a $1 off any CG products coupon in my Sunday paper! I have bought so many tubes! Over all, awesome!

on 8/14/2010 4:44:00 AM

well I got this on a deal where if i buy a CG eyeliner i got a mascara for free..so i was like WHY NOT!?..i really like this though i have to agree it does put a lot of product on your eyes..but it doesnt bother me much because it doesnt smell bad and doesnt feel heavy as such..i love how it give a natural curl to my already thick indian eyelashes...i love it for the price though i might try other high end ones out there if i have enough money saved for next time!

on 4/3/2010 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVELOVELOVE this! HG status fosho. <3
I use this as both a mascara and a brow gel. I wrote a review for ELF's clear mascara/brow gel duo, and these two are pretty much the same thing so there's gonna be about a 90% overlap. I've only changed the ratings and pros/cons a bit. For mascara, CG's is better, but ELF is better for my brows simply because of the brush structure.
CLEAR MASCARA (5/5)
Pros:
- Holds curl
- Makes curl more prominent with curved brush
- Lengthens
- Makes my short, straight, nonexistent Asian lashes visible!!
- Super natural
- Lasts about 5-6 hours, about twice as long as ELF's.
Cons:
- None!
Since my Asian lashes are already black, colored mascara is redundant and I only need the lengthen/holds curl part of mascara. Black mascara also looks fake next to my natural black hair. Plus, now when I open my small eyes I can actually see my eyelashes. Which is pretty cool and unusual to me.
BROW GEL (4/5)
Pros:
- Tames effectively
- Reapplying is unnecessary
- Lightly removes whatever I used to color in my brows, and seals the rest in.
Cons:
- Curved brush makes it a smidgen more difficult to set the gel in.
Some people complained about getting white flakes but that didn't happen with me, or if it did, it was so subtle I can't tell. Alright, so I kinda don't have eyebrows. Well, I do, but they're really sparse and they grow all over the place. Even after meticulous shaping, they're still unpresentable. So first, I color my brows in. Then I use this to keep the eyebrow hairs in place. It also removes some of the eyebrow color. It removes the color in just the right spaces so it looks like I put in thin, fine strokes of color instead of chalking it on, which is perfect!

on 3/10/2010 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Tried this as a "gel" to prime lashes before mascara in order for my lashes to hold a curl well. Didn't work. Tried it as a product to keep brows up - ended up drying on brows and making them look hard and almost white. Unattractive. Needless to say, I chucked this out in a few days.

on 2/2/2009 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is great for during the day. Just curl your lashes and apply. This looks good on bottom lashes also