COVERGIRL Professional Natural Lash Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Dry
COVERGIRL Professional Natural Lash Mascara

3.5

Water, Alcohol Denatured, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Trisodium EDTA, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Glycerin

on 3/10/2018 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I picked this up at a dollar store. Love the curved brush. I prefer ELF for my brows, but this Cover Girl is great to wear over my normal mascara. Keeps it from smudging. I dislike water proof mascara. It gives me itchy, watery eyes. I get mascara all over my face, and then it's hard to remove because it's water proof. This clear does not dry stuff and adds a little gloss to the lashes. When worn alone, it doesn't make my lashes longer or thicker, but adds some definition. I am trying to go with less makeup, but I won't give up mascara, lipstick, concealer, or eyebrow pencil. At age 58 those 4 things are a must for me.
This stuff is great as a finishing coat on my mascara. The curved brush is soft and the mascara sets the eyelash curl. I can't beat the dollar store price of $3.00. The packaging is nothing fancy, but it's Cover Girl. Plus I have to throw this out in 3-6 months.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have been using this mascara for about 10 years now, solely as a brow gel, and it always works great! It always holds my brows in place. Another reviewer noted that when also used for her brows, the mascara dried up during the day and it got flaky, but I have never experienced that in my decade-long use of this product. It is inexpensive and will always be a staple product for me.

Addition: My usual routine is lightly shading in any sparse areas using a brow pencil (NYC brow/eye liner, another cheap buy!) then applying the clear mascara. Eventually, I do start to notice that the brush and the mascara in the bottle itself gets darker and darker from some transference over a few weeks, but the transference is very minimal, and I find that it actually helps to blend the pencil better if anything and make it look more natural. This mascara actually does help to set the pencil color in my brows and keep the hairs in place. I don't ever have to reapply the pencil or mascara throughout the day, even if it's hot and humid out, unless I'm sleeping in which case the product may wear off.

on 5/6/2012 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Cover Girl Professional clear mascara can be used as both an eyebrow gel and a mascara. I have only used it in the mascara form. The brush is the perfect size and shape for lashes. The formula on this is a little watery and weird feeling - almost as if your lashes are wet - until it dries. I had no problems with flaking or clumping. However, it doesn't seem to do much other than separate your lashes. They don't look longer or more "there." I bought this thinking they might look a little more "there" but that was not the case; therefore, I will not be buying this again.

on 11/22/2011 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product to death! It is the only product that will keep my unruly and thick brows in place. My brows never look unnatural and this gel makes them look tamed until the end of the day. I've tried the clear brow from GreatLash and didn't get great results from that because it never held my eyebrows in place. This product is fantastic in that it actually has holding power and keeps me looking polished, but not too made up. Overall, this is a great product for people with thick or unruly eyebrows.

I was wanting to try out a natural looking mascara, nothing too expensive just to hold the curl. I found out about clear mascara, which sounded perfect. I picked this up at the drugstore. When I got home, I saw the bottle was cracked near the top. I opened it to see if it was bad. Nothing came out. But then I put the brush back in the tube and the air bubbles, I guess, pushed the gel out of the crack. I went back and got another bottle. This one wasn't cracked, so I put it on after I curled my lashes. I didn't see any difference between how my lashes looked before I applied it and after I applied it. I used it a couple times after that, but it still didn't get any better. It was a total waste of money.

on 4/14/2011 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My eyelashes are already long and dark, but this clear mascara makes them look glossy and more defined - gives that natural, radiant look :). Does not clump, crust or flake - washes off easily. Would repurchase!

I use this product to keep my eyebrows in place.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The main problem I have with regular mascara is the "racoon eye" look at the end of the day because it deposited under my eye. So when I saw this, I said, "Hey, lemme give that a try." Well, so far, I'm impressed. I used it on both my lashes and my brows, and it kept my brows in place, and it worked pretty well as a mascara. I can probably wear this all day, and it'll make my lashes look great! The only problem I have with it, is that it goes on *really* wet, so you have to watch out for that, so minus 1 lippie. But so far, I'm happy with it! :)

EDIT: Ok, I've changed my rating. Used it again yesterday, and it just made my lashes wet and there was no extra curl or anything. I still like the idea of a clear mascara, but if you can find this on sale (because you wanna try it), go on and get it. I wouldn't recommend paying full price (even though it's cheap lol). I'll probably still use the mascara from time to time, but I won't repurchase. And I really wanted to love this, too. :-(

on 7/1/2005 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Not really a great mascara, makes lashes droop, I was very careful not to ever pump this Mascara and it turned a horrible grey color after a while.... It is very expensive when compared to Milani's mascara which was a much higher quality for a much lower price

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

As for mascara, this is kinda a crap product unless you already have long thick lashes, which i don't. It works as a good brow gel though. Wouldn't repurchase.